• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Barracks

Ecureuil444

Habitual Waster of Time
I'm familiar with the role of the Marines at 8th and I but I was wondering how the duty fits into a normal career progression, particularly for officers. Does anyone know how one gets assiged to 8th and I, or any other Marine Barracks for that matter? Is it typically career enhancing, is it voluntary, is it a standard B Billet, etc?

SMILE4BULLETS

speaking of 8th and I...I was in fact at 8th and I streets in DC this weekend and saw no sign whatsoever of the Barracks. was I missing something there????

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
speaking of 8th and I...I was in fact at 8th and I streets in DC this weekend and saw no sign whatsoever of the Barracks. was I missing something there????

It takes a bit to find... I don't think its actually at the corner... that little part of DC is even more confusing than the rest of the city.

I don't like a city where its not guaranteed you'll get to a building if you can see it.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Mostly infantry officers--it is actually a line infantry unit. There are staff postions available for other MOSs, some of which drill.

As far as other barracks, I'm assuming you mean security forces. OIC postions are distributed to the monitors and billets are available for any MOS.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot

You could have been at the wrong 8th and I streets, as there are at least two intersections in DC. The Marine Barracks is located at 8th and "I" Streets, S.E., near the Navy Yard.

ItsTurboTime

You could have been at the wrong 8th and I streets, as there are at least two intersections in DC. The Marine Barracks is located at 8th and "I" Streets, S.E., near the Navy Yard.

I was about to say that too, I remember my roomie telling me he got totally lost because of this when he first got there.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Not the best neighborhood to get lost in, either. There's a reason why Marines patrol the perimeter armed.

SMILE4BULLETS

Yeah, I think I was definitely at the wrong 8th and I streets, bc Chinatown was right around the corner or some such sh*t. Who would've thunk it?