• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Aviation/Too Old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnerge72

I have a couple of questions, and looking for SERIOUS replies. I took the Aviation selection Battery Test in 1998 with passing scores. My problem was that I could not meet the weight and pt standards during that time. I am now 30 and will be 31 in June of this year and I'm within the weight standards and could pass the pt test at this time. I have my BS degree in physics. I was just wondering how long the tests were valid, and if I still have a chance of becoming a officer/aviator in the Marines. Your responce would be greatly appreciated.

Rainman

pilot
I did a similar thing as far as taking the test . ..not going for it and going back. I think they were good for three years. I had to take it again because it was more like five years. As far as your chances all you can do its put an OCC pkg together and see. Go see an OSO. If you are going pilot, you'll need to be waivered for your age; so your PFT score will be important. Good Luck.

megrey06

Kingsville
Are you prior service by chance? If not, you will need an age waiver. That is not impossible, but with things being tight these days it may be difficult. I would definately contact your nearest OSO and see what they have to say.

Above all, if you really want it - go for it!

-Matt

Proverbs 3:5-6

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You need to see an OSO, yesterday. You are getting close to not being eligible due to your age. I think the test scores are only good for 2 years but do not quote me on that point. Personally, I would ask the OSO where in the country are they low on OCC recruitment(If there is one) and go through that OSO. It is going to be difficult but not impossible so keep pluggin. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

Status
Not open for further replies.