• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

jph

...the OPO here just sent me a few forms to sign from the SF-86. I could've sworn I signed them already...

I'm experiencing the same thing--sort of. I submitted my application to the May boards; results have not been released yet; however, I received the same few (3 total) forms from the SF-86 to sign. I too am rather certain I've signed them already. In fact, I feel positive. I'm not sure what to make of it though, considering results haven't been released from the (May) boards, and it seems odd they would go ahead with the background check before results were even released. Also of note, I have never filled out an SF-86 before my OCS application.

niketaylor

Don't get your hopes up just yet, I was up for the Jan board and signed the same three forms before the Jan results were out and guess what..... I was non select for Jan board.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Might be your OR saving you some time, I signed them once, and after a pro-rec, I had to sign another set with a new PRT to get my final select, even though I had done each before once.

As a TN native, just remember many people are still recovering from the flood. So, besides the normal wait being as long as it is; have some added patience.

I just brought up those three forms because I've been on the waiting side of this background check before, and it took quite a while. In fact, the DoD job I mentioned earlier was offered to me recently, and I reluctantly had to turn it down. That is something I would rather have done after getting my Final Select.

I do realize how flood damage can slow things down for everyone, and that we probably aren't the priority. Some extra patience won't be a problem for me. I was just looking to cover all bases.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Any of you guys that were Pro-Rec'd on March boards get your final select yet? So far all I've gotten is an "unofficial" OCS date for Oct. 3rd, but my OR said he hasn't received my final select letter. I did have to have an interview for my security clearance because of a $341 speeding ticket (adjudication withheld). I did mention it in my application, but apparently not in the right spot? Who knows. That interview was a few weeks ago and still no other word. This normal? Just starting to get nervous that something may have gone wrong. This is probably an unjustified worry as I have a spotless record (other than speeding tickets x2) and my flight physical was good.

I think one possibility is there may be a personal reference that investigators are having a difficult time reaching. One of my references is a USAF Capt. who's job makes him unavailable for a couple weeks at a time. Not to hold it against him, but I'm pretty sure he's part of what's keeping me from moving forward.

Shakeszilla

I still have to take the PRT. I ran into some trouble with the eye exam at MEPS and had to take another at a civilian optometrist for a second opinion. Now that that's taken care of I take the PRT in 2 weeks.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Sorry to hear about that, zilla. I had PRK done two years ago. Best investment I ever made.

Took the PRT a month or so ago. Heard about my OCS date two weeks ago. Just waiting on that final select. Hope MEPS goes well for the rest of you.

iffey

Hey all, first time posting on here but I've been lurking for a while

-I was pro-rec'd supply for the March boards.
-Submitted my medical/physical info in late April for Final Select letter.
-OR told me it would take about 2 weeks, waited 4 weeks and started calling to see what was taking so long... processor told me that they lost my fingerprints and my signature forms (SF-86) expired because of this (weird... but I'm guessing it was because of the flooding that they actually needed new ones)
-It's been 8 weeks since the medical info has been submitted... called my processor today and he informed me that they haven't even started the background check on me.

So basically I'm just wondering why it's taking so long. I know from reading a lot of comments that most people will just tell me to be patient and this isn't a post to look for sympathy, just seeing if anyone else can shed some light on the situation or is in the same boat.

booker4

Iffey-

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I was pro-rec'd SNA for the March boards, and, due to scheduling, wasn't able to complete MEPS and my PRT until the first week or so in May. I've been waiting, but today I finally called my OR and asked him if he knew anything about my Final Select. He said that my letter was in "the system," but it hasn't been signed yet. It sounded like all he could look up was the status of the letter and not any of its contents, like a tentative OCS date. So I will continue waiting patiently as well. My SF-86 is still good, as far as I know; I'm not sure what to tell you there. My guess is my paperwork got backed up when all the flooding in TN occurred, but I'm not one to speculate. Just hang in there, and our time will come soon.

JSC87

Well I got the "unofficial" word from my processor yesterday that my class date is Nov 14? I'm kind of surprised it's that far off compared to the rest of the people her on the March boards. More hurry up and wait I guess :(