• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

I'm still waiting as well. Good thing it is baseball season, because that can keep my mind continuously occupied in the meantime...

ajalali

pilot
im still waiting also.. I still have to go through meps though, I'm waiting on a waiver for lost psychiatry records from 6 years ago for something extremely minor. The doc has written a couple letters, so hopefully soon it should clear up (knock on wood). Then the prt, then the waiting game with the rest of yall.

..Hey, by the way, did you guys get acceptance letters in the mail..? I don't think I ever got one. haha

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
I failed the depth perception test at MEPS. I was told it was an outdated and innacurate test. I went to a civilian optometrist and passed with a different test. Ended up getting Final Select for SNA. Hope that helps!

Joponop, did you simply submit a copy of the results from the civilian optometrist with your application? Any other steps required?

bwh06b

FS SNA
Joponop, did you simply submit a copy of the results from the civilian optometrist with your application? Any other steps required?

CenixOne,
I went and saw a civilian optometrist yesterday and got a copy of my exam. What can I do with this? What do you mean submitting it with your application? Is this something that you take with you to MEPS, or something you can actually send up with your packet to the board? Thanks.

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
bwh06b, well I already completed MEPS (failed depth) before submitting my application. So I got the passing results from my civilian optometrist and sent it with my packet. Now I'm wondering if Joponop had to do anything else to get cleared.

bwh06b

FS SNA
CenixOne, Okay that is where we are a little different. My recruiter isn't going to send me to MEPS until I am selected by a board. I didn't know if it would be useful to take my optometrist's results with me at that time or not, though.

JONNY

I asked the optometrist to write down the depth perception results on his official letterhead. I scanned the results and emailed it to both my processor and my OR. Then I called the processor to make sure it was added to the packet. My advice is to just keep in contact with your processor and OR and everything should work out. I have a feeling, since the MEPS depth perception test is so bad, the boards get a lot of civilian depth perception tests added to packets and they know how to handle it. Good luck and hope that helps!

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
bwh06b, if you haven't done the depth test at MEPS then there is no sense in going to the local optometrist. Wait for the selection results, if selected, go to MEPS quickly, if you fail the depth test at MEPS then get tested by a civilian opt and submit a copy of the results to your OR and Processor as noted by joponop. You will need these results to get your final select.

Joponop, thanks for clearing that up, very helpful. Good luck at OCS! :)

sammy512

Anyone know what is taking final select letters so long? I have literally been waiting since the first week of April.

flyman3456

Goshawk
I'm not even medically cleared yet. My OR is trying to get an appointment for a depth perception test at Wright Patterson, but since I am civilian, I guess its not easy. I've been waiting on an appointment now for two weeks. Frustrating!

I'm guessing that my background check just started this past week, because the OPO here just sent me a few forms to sign from the SF-86. I could've sworn I signed them already, but I have filled out an SF-86 for another DoD position in the past and I may be confusing the two in my head.