• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Still waiting for a final resolution concerning my original PR for both aviation designators. I was given a "tentative" date for 30MAY but there was confusion over the designator (aviation vs SWO).

Should hear something any day now.

booker4

Hey all,

I'm still waiting on my final select as well. I got MEPs done over a week ago now. Has anyone heard if the flooding down in Millington has backed up final selects/medical processing? Anyone else heard of other OCS dates besides the 12 SEPT class for March Pro-Recs?

priceless529

Has anyone heard if the flooding down in Millington has backed up final selects/medical processing?

yeah it definately has...i went to meps back in november before i submitted, completed the prt, and my recruiter said i cleared security. my OR then emailed me last week and said with the flooding things are definately backed up. just waiting on that final letter isn't fun, but from the picture she sent me, it looks like they got it pretty bad down there.

I haven't received my final select yet either. My recruiter says it should be coming in soon, but considering the circumstances waiting a little longer is something I'm okay with.

When you went to MEPS, did you guys happen to strike up conversations with some of the kids shipping out? To me it was interesting, and humbling, to hear about why they're there. Here I am with my own goals and a couple of these guys are trying to get out of a bad neighborhood and get training so they could actually have a career somewhere. Maybe I've spent too much time in suburbia.

Jsas

Hello all, I am happy say that I have received my final select and am officially in the September 12th class. I hope to see you all there and good luck with your final paperwork.

J

Haymaker

Pro Rec SNA
Well I just got cleared through MEPS and did the PRT today. From the sound of things I'll be waiting for a while for FS. Congrats to those who already got 'em.

flyman3456

Goshawk
Anyone ever have to go to a Military Testing Facility Flight Clinic to take a depth perception test? They want me to do this before I am medically cleared for SNA and its taking some effort to get me onto a base. Wright Patterson or Scott are the only two options that have been presented so far.

JONNY

I failed the depth perception test at MEPS. I was told it was an outdated and innacurate test. I went to a civilian optometrist and passed with a different test. Ended up getting Final Select for SNA. Hope that helps!

I passed the depth perception test, but it took me a long time to give my answers because I kept losing focus on those machines. I must have changed my answers mid-sentence on every other set.

AnonymousGuy

None
I was selected to be an NFO, and MEPS told me I did not even need a depth-perception test. Is this correct? I've already completely turned in everything for my FS, and there were apparently no problems...but I thought surely I would need the depth perception test as an NFO.

Lucy

JCUSN- Nope, no depth preception required for NFO. I thought it was kinda odd too when I was looking into NFO.