• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Man, is it just awesome?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss_BlueAngels

Instrument training
The last few weeks have been very encouraging for me as I've been talking with a few of the Blue Angel pilots (one even gave me his cell phone number since he knew us from last year) and spoke with another Hornet pilot this weekend who's been flying for the Navy for 17 years.

Does it just make you feel awesome when you put on that flight suit? I for one wish the next 4 years of college would go by as fast as possible to see how things work out for me joining the Navy and God willing, flying. When you current pilots (and heck, anyone whose in training now) were waiting, and thinking about doing this, how excited were you? I feel like I can't even contain myself, reading what all you are saying about your expreiences and everything. I can almost taste it.

Ugh, I guess I'm just "venting" now, but how awesome to be a US Naval Aviator. (Or Air Force, or Marine... any military service)

Anyway, if you'd like, I've got some great pictures my sister took of a recent airshow, and the Blue Angels at http://community.webshots.com/user/boss_blueangels

I've got some great shots of EA-6B's, and P-3's for ya. Actually, a lot more P-3 pictures are on the way. And one real awesome shot of an F/A-18C.

God bless, Jason

Philippians 4:13
Proverbs 16:9
Romans 10:9

Brooklyn

Great shots Boss_B. I wondered how you got to get so close to the Blues but I guess that VIP pass explains it. Thanks for posting.

DMan

Boss_BA,

I checked out the pictures you took, they are AWESOME! I tried to take pictures with a digital camera at an airshow, man, did I totally suck at it! You must a) be a very good photographer, b) have a great camera, or c) both. Let us know if you have more updates on your photo. BTW, how did you get VIP pass and so close to all the jets?

Bravo Zulu, Boss_BA!

DMan

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Jason,

I feel the same way. Every time I read a new post on this forum, I feel like I can't wait any longer. I finished OCS and college and now just waiting to go to TBS then on to API. I can't imagine how it feels to put that flight suit on!

Great pics!!

"You forgot your furtune cookie"

Dirty Harry

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
grouch, I take it you've been to this toilet called Ft. Davis?

Dirty Harry

grouch

quote:
grouch, I take it you've been to this toilet called Ft. Davis?

Ya I've been out that way. What is the most obscure cartridge you have in your collection? I had an old 44-40 with the headstamp scratched off but lost it. I think it was a winchester. It was neato.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I have close to 300 different cartridges. The 44-40 is actualy still a fairly popular cartridge, and yes it was made by Winchester. I'd have to say one of the most rarest cartridges I have is the 4.25 Liliput or the 22-15-60 Stevens or maybe even the 700 Nitro Express.

So whats your story grouch? Navy or Corps? Still in college?

Dirty Harry

grouch

My story is a simple one....Navy OCS in February '03. I already have my first years income spent on guns. I plan to get a pair of Cimarron Arms 1872 open tops in 38 colt, along with an AYA 28 side by and who knows what else. I've got a big intrest in CAS as well as the big Brit rounds. I shot IPSC for a little bit, bird hunt a little bit, but mostly plink around. You collection sounds impressive, how long have you been working on it?
Grouch

Dave Shutter

E5B...an old friend once told me about a gun I've never actually seen anywhere: Kasul 454; hangun with bullets so big it can only fit five? Know anything about it?

grouch

quote:
E5B...an old friend once told me about a gun I've never actually seen anywhere: Kasul 454; hangun with bullets so big it can only fit five? Know anything about it?

Ruger makes a 454 with a six shot cylinder. They also make one called a 480 Ruger which is larger in diameter than the casull but has lower case pressures. Six gun as well. Taurus also makes a casull. The casull is basically a 45 long colt magnum.

Edited by - grouch on 09/04/2002 09:56:13

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Dave,
Grouch is dead on. The actual 454 Casull cartridge was originally called the 454 Magnum Revolver and was developed by Dick Casull and Jack Fulmer in 1957. It is one of the most powerful handgun cartridges there is, next to the 475 Linebaugh and the "beast" 500 Linebaugh.

Grouch, I've been collecting for close to 10 years now, but not seriously until just a few years ago. I also have a small collection of guns. The most recent addition to my collection is a 1891 Argentine Mauser in a 7.65x53mm. I love to hunt and have been since I was 5 years old. If you are interested in some picture from recent hunts let me know and I'll email them to you.

Dirty Harry

grouch

I'd like to see them, but I don't have access to my email right now. When I can, I'll soot ya an email. I have a m77 in 22 hornet. I thought about knocking it out to a 22 k hornet, any suggestions?
grouch

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Grouch,

Here's what my book Cartridges of the World says about it: "The 22 K-Hornet is based on the fire-formed and blown-out 22 Hornet case with straight body, sharp shoulder and short neck. The popularity of the 22 K-Hornet was based on increased performance, plus the fact that any regular factory-loaded ammunition could also be fired in the same chamber. In addition, the conversion is quite cheap and any Hornet rifle can be rechambered."

Once you found some dies for it, I'd go ahead and rechamber it. What have you got to loose. I'm sure Ackley produces dies for it. Do you reload?

Dirty Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.