• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Making of a Marine Officer" available on dvd

MikeG

UH-1Y pilot
I know a lot of you guys saw this on the website in little bits of streaming video. It was a good series that followed 186 through OCS. Well, the Marine Corps Times (www.marinecorpstimes.com) has put everything together into a 90 minute dvd that will be shipping in January. It's 12.99 plus three bucks shipping. Not bad. Just thought I'd share the news. I put in my order.

If this is a repeat, sorry in advance. I did a search and only found old locked stuff.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Yeah, not a bad lil deal. I figure I will order a copy for my computer illiterate parents lol.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I thought the vid clips were a bit short but that may just be how they were broken up, or that my own memories are far more extensive. Any extras on the DVD?

stevo01

yeah i ordered it...will be a good example to show the folks as well.

it says it will take 3-4 weeks to recieve..wtf?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
They had the show on the local Fox channel about 3 or so weeks back. I recorded it on the VHS. It was about 90 percent clips from the marine corps times website, but with a little bit of commentary. Some dude was down at Quantico and it showed the Candidates in the background doing crunches and pullups and a whole bunch of shit while he walked around and talked. Mostly happened leading to commercials and comming back. BUt the only thing was that it didnt have all of the clips. So i'm just wondering if the DVD will be similar to that, like someone narrating stuff or if it will be all the stuff back to back. I will try to see if i can put the tape into some format and get it online if people want to watch it.

B