• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MAJOR IRR Policy Change...

On-Site Muster was just posted on the IRR website. How do we know if we have been selected?

PERS-93
INDIVIDUAL READY RESERVE
***PER-93 IRR ON-SITE MUSTER (FORT WORTH, TX)***

If you have been selected for an IRR on-site Muster. If you have been selected for an IRR on-site Muster. You are required by law under, Title 10, U. S. C., 12319 and DoD Directive 1200.7 to participate. The purpose of this mandatory IRR Muster is to assess the overall readiness of selected IRR personnel. This is not a recall or mobilization action.
TIME: 0800
DATES: 7/28, 7/29, 8/4, 8/5
You must contact PERS-93 no later than July 13, 2018 to schedule your muster. If you have not contacted PERS-93 to schedule, a date will be determined for you. Failure to report as directed may result in your transfer to an S2 (Inactive) status.
For any questions, please contact an IRR counselor at For any questions, please contact an IRR counselor at 1-800-535-2699 or email: irr_counselor@navy.mil. Counselors are available Monday through Friday from 0730 to 1600 (Central Time).
I think they only send it to LTs and below, so you’re prob safe. A few years ago I’d have bet that moving you to S2 was an empty threat, but it’s probably worth calling PERS in these dark-for-the-IRR times.

Maxillarious

pilot
I just got an email from PERS about 20 minutes ago out of the blue ordering me to on-site muster for the one in the Norfolk area. Had no idea this was happenning until I checked here and did some Googling around.

I'm a LCDR pilot type local to the Norfolk area so it's not a huge ordeal. Says they will pay $240 for the day and hey, free lunch!

Looks like there will be some filling out of Admin forms, basic health screening and detailer/recruiter contact. I am well seasoned and jaded, so the recruiter jedi mind tricks will not work on me.

Seems they are doing this for selected reservists only- about 1,100 in the Norfolk area.

earlgrey

None
I just got an email from PERS about 20 minutes ago out of the blue ordering me to on-site muster for the one in the Norfolk area. Had no idea this was happenning until I checked here and did some Googling around.

I'm a LCDR pilot type local to the Norfolk area so it's not a huge ordeal. Says they will pay $240 for the day and hey, free lunch!

Looks like there will be some filling out of Admin forms, basic health screening and detailer/recruiter contact. I am well seasoned and jaded, so the recruiter jedi mind tricks will not work on me.

Seems they are doing this for selected reservists only- about 1,100 in the Norfolk area.

I received the same notification, although I am in the Washington DC area so will have to travel a bit to get to the Hampton Roads area muster.

CoyoteK

Am I wrong in assuming that I will remain in IRR S2 status as an O-3 (I'm over 18 years total service with 12 AD as an E) until I actually resign my commission? I will be beyond my 8 year reserve commitment before I hit a good 20 but was told by Pers-93 that I will remain in S2 until I resign (so long as I continue to muster and I will not be up for LCDR until 22 years of service). Thoughts?

Am I wrong in assuming that I will remain in IRR S2 status as an O-3 (I'm over 18 years total service with 12 AD as an E) until I actually resign my commission? I will be beyond my 8 year reserve commitment before I hit a good 20 but was told by Pers-93 that I will remain in S2 until I resign (so long as I continue to muster and I will not be up for LCDR until 22 years of service). Thoughts?
I’m not sure I understand your current status, or your question...but if you have 18 “good, aka >50pt, years, the S-2 reserves is NOT where you want to be. Your time n the S-2 will keep your years of service clock going but you can’t earn any points.

If that’s your situation, you will twice fail to promote to O-4, and seven months later be booted out. At that time, you will still just have 18 “good” years and be done without a retirement.

If rather than S-2, you mean IRR/S-1 (IRR-ASP for those want to be pedantic and point out that the VTU is part of the IRR), then I *think* you should be ok, but given all the hassles pointed out in this thread, I’d call PERS and keep calling until you get an answer and a reference that says you can do two years in the IRR without them booting you to S-2 status.

reservist22

I was at the IRR muster in Norfolk Sep 8/9. Someone asked about the reduction in correspondence courses and NRTC courses going to NEL behind a CAC firewall. PERS-93 said that correspondence courses will eventually be going away. They didn’t specify when exactly. Recruiters were there too and definitely need people, they said the Navy is increasing both AC and RC.

snake020

Contributor
I got a quota to transition from IRR to SELRES in Oct 2017. Because I have a rating, I was told by my recruiter I could not get my physical through an MTF but would have to go through MEPS.
They have imposed delay after delay, finally got me in for an on-site physical in June 2018, and are still stalling in making a determination. I finally put in an IG complaint this month.

Anyone else sharing in this nightmare?

I got a quota to transition from IRR to SELRES in Oct 2017. Because I have a rating, I was told by my recruiter I could not get my physical through an MTF but would have to go through MEPS.
They have imposed delay after delay, finally got me in for an on-site physical in June 2018, and are still stalling in making a determination. I finally put in an IG complaint this month.

Well, if you put "MEPS" in the equation, you're bound for disappointment. I had a similar experience getting back in from the IRR, and eventually called my recruiter to say "forget it, I'm out" but she talked me back into it. For me, I guess it ended up being for the best. I wanted to get in by my 16 years-commissioned-service (YCS) point so I could I do the four years to transfer my GI Bill. I got in at 16.5 years, the NOSC took three months to file my mandatory page 13, but then when I got forced out at 20YCS the Navy adjusted my obliserve and I got to transfer the GI Bill to my kids.

Anyway, good luck. It's that kind of stuff that makes SELRES so frustrating, for sure!

reservist22

So you actually got into MEPS? I’m still waiting to get scheduled after months of waiting.