• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Maj Sam "SWACQ" Griffith

brownshoe

Contributor
Whatever it is...its never ever enough. That said, my heartfelt thanks to all who so generously donated.

I've stopped myself several times over this holiday season to say a silent prayer for Sam and his family.

I’m not ashamed to say that watching this thread unfold has reduced me to tears a few times.

Drifty

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

A memorial fund has been established with NFCU in Sam Griffith's name, in order to help out his wife Casey and their two young sons. The paypal donate button above (and below) is tied to one of my many PayPal accounts (hence the email address). I selected this PayPal account because it's an NFCU account so that I can electronically transfer it. I plan on doing the electronic transfer so it's immediately available - and then drafting a letter on behalf of AirWarriors when we're complete. I would like to get this to them before the end of the year, and PSW and I are leaving for a cruise on the 31st. So, if you intend to donate - please do so before the 28th. I will keep a running tally of how much we're up to, much like with skidkid.

EDIT - One thing I forgot, please include your username in the donation form. I don't know everyone's real name and/or email address, and plan on including it in the letter.

btn_donateCC_LG.gif
I was out of the country and off the grid until the 31st, the link still seems to work, any chance I'm not too late for a donation?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I was out of the country and off the grid until the 31st, the link still seems to work, any chance I'm not too late for a donation?

Phrog73 is on vacation right now, so he likely won't see your post. If it works, go ahead a try it.

phrogpilot73

Just debarking from our cruise ship in Tampa. Got a couple donations while I was gone, and finally got the info for the account. Go ahead and make a donation if you want. I'll do a final total as well as the letter later this week, and provide the link to donate direct to the fund (vice through me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phrogpilot73

I just wanted to thank everyone who donated, we ended up with quite an impressive amount for donation. I've edited the original post so that it's no longer tied to my PayPal account. If you wish to still make a donation, there is another page that goes directly to the account for Navy Federal. Also, if you don't use PayPal - there is information on how to make a donation directly to NFCU. That page is located here: http://rememberingsam.com/

I will finish up the letter and make the transfer by the end of the week. Thank you again for opening your hearts and wallets, I'm sure the family will appreciate the donation of:

$6400

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Woohoo! Fantastic! Thanks for all you did PP73.

Amen on that. Despite the good-natured ribbing & the occasional barroom brawl, never let it be said that Sailors don't love and respect their Marine Brothers/Sisters....and vice versa! Semper Fi.
BzB

"G.I."

pilot
Just about 36 hours right?? Effing sweet.
Kicked in some dough last week. Paypal link still works! Also forwarded the link on to all at the company Sam used to work at. Thanks a ton for setting this up, phrogpilot73!