• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Maint...er...MD State Police jobs

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Dammit, do I need to delete this thread? I've been waiting until I get closer to my retirement date to drop an application to this, and I don't need anymore riff-raff elbowing in on my action!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Came across a cool gig today. I attended a fly in safety day (can't very well call it a stand down) for public safety helo operators around my state. We had about 15 aircraft, HEMS, Sheriff, muni police and fire and the State Department of Public Safety. Pretty cool. Some good variety in aircraft, types of operations and breadth of experience. A neighboring county flew in both their helos. One is a recently acquired AH-6. Yup, not OH but a Little Bird straight from the 160 SOAR. Never been stored, acquired in flying condition. It hasn't been converted to anything close to a LE aircraft yet. You can still see ARMY under the black pain. Anywho, the pilot is one of their Reserve Deputies. He is retired Army and now flies a Bell 214 30 days on and 30 days off in the Philippines as dedicated support (officially medevac) for our SOCOM folks. Never asked who the contract is with, but their hangar is about 110 yards from my hangar. If I see him over there I could ask, if anyone is interested.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
straight from the 160 SOAR.

I think they've had an ad saying they're "hiring" in every Stars and Stripes I've ever read and multiple commercials on AFN. One day, I actually hit up the website and started filled out the form. I thought it odd that P-3 was not one of the 15+ different aircraft in their selectable dropdown for prior TMS experience, but I selected "other" and put P-3 in the comment box.

I'm still waiting for my callback. . .:(

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Posted May 2nd. Sorry I wasn't right on it. First, notice it doesn't say you have to be a certified peace officer, or that you are required to qualify as one let alone serve on patrol for a period of time. Also note the experience requirements .

Sarasota County Sheriff's Office
2071 Ringling Blvd.
Sarasota, Florida 34237
United States

Job Location:
Florida

sboone@scgov.net
Ph: 941-486-2644
Fx: 941-486-2643
http://www.sarasotasheriff.org

The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office is looking for a Pilot in Command for law enforcement operations.
Requirements: Commerical Helicopter Certificate (w/Instrument Rating)
1000 Hours Total Time (Helicopter)
500 Hours Turbine
Class III Flight Physical (or ability to obtain)
Preferred applicants will possess the following aviation experience:
1500 Hours Total Time (Helicopter)
Bell 407 Factory School and/or Experience
Night Vision Goggle Experience
Law Enforcement Experience (Florida Certification a plus)
Fire Suppression Experience
APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 5/17/13

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some of you may have seen this in Rotor and Wing. Article highlights Virginia State Police air operation. Sounds like the operate much like MD. Mostly medical/rescue. Note that they do have civilian pilots. But the process they describe for new hires is LE academy and one year patrol. I haven't heard exactly the roll played by the civ pilots or how they get hired.

http://www.aviationtoday.com/rw/top...ting-the-Commonwealth_79597.html#.Ueni8iPn_GI