• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Maine to Pensacola--Looking for thoughts/information on concealed carry permit

Pags

N/A
pilot
Good info! I looked forward to qualifying somewhere around SERE school, but I suppose there's really no need for it. I just figured they might want to get it out of the way somewhere in training. What the heck do I know?

Being on the shooting team must have been great fun! Shooting competition must be a great way to blow of steam.

The cost of those classes adds up fast! Everyone seems to love 'em though.
What @Gatordev said, no weapons qual for or during SERE.

Be prepared to be underwhelmed by USN firearm training.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
And yeah, concealed carry is not for everyone. There's a lot of responsibility that goes along with it.

For example, if you're the type of person that routinely misplaces your wallet, phone, keys, or ID... then concealed carry is probably not for you... :rolleyes:

Edit: Not saying YOU do, more of a general comment.
A very valid and accurate point...I'm "one of those dudes" that tends to misplace stuff...therefore, I don't carry.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
A very valid and accurate point...I'm "one of those dudes" that tends to misplace stuff...therefore, I don't carry.

Yeah, not like the wife and I have ever been returning home from the in-laws, and after being on the road for half an hour suddenly have an "OH SHIT!!!" moment when you remember the Glock you left in the guest room nightstand. Nope, that absolutely never happened.... at all... again... :eek:

It ain't like forgetting a pair of sunglasses!! :cool:

I honestly don't even carry much anymore, unless we're going somewhere sketchy. And even then, the wife and I usually come to the realization of, "If it's this dangerous, why are we going anyway?" Problem solves itself.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah, not like the wife and I have ever been returning home from the in-laws, and after being on the road for half an hour suddenly have an "OH SHIT!!!" moment when you remember the Glock you left in the guest room nightstand. Nope, that absolutely never happened.... at all... again... :eek:

I honestly don't even carry much anymore, unless we're going somewhere sketchy. And even then, the wife and I usually come to the realization of, "If it's this dangerous, why are we going anyway?" Problem solves itself.

Could be worse, and be like a firearms instructor I had who went through security at an airport and forgot he had a loaded 1911 with him, lucky for him they didn't catch it, but he didn't realize what he had done until after he was on the plane.

I am now kind of paranoid as to where I have my handgun.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor

Oh, I hear you. Although I hadn't misplaced my duty weapon (yet)...I misplaced my body armor and badge (I used to be a Cincinnati Police Officer while I was furloughed from Delta Air Lines). That was a wake-up call...and I received quite a bit of heat from the department. When I resigned from the Cincinnati Police in order to return to Delta, I was pretty yippy skippy about applying to be an FFDO at Delta...until my wife reminded me of "the duty gear misplacement incident" with the police. I then became very non-yippy skippy...and have remained so since that time.