• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lying to the military to fly, terrible idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallDuck

Your profile says you’re 35, not sure if that’s a typo or not, but if so you’re disqualified for age. Age cut off for naval aviation is 32, and while age waivers can be granted they often go for those with prior service and usually those not too far from the cut off (i.e someone who’s 33).

What that said and what others have said, you’re medically DQ for a variety of reasons. You can’t “hide” a color vision test. For the other record conditions, recent technology in electronic health records has allowed MEPS to view civilian records (called MHS Genesis). If you lie… MEPS WILL find out about it. This also may apply with security clearances finding out about mental health history…

You said you wanted a “solidified” answer… you got one from those either with aviation or recruiting experience (where I fall).

Just move on with life and excel somewhere else.
My thought process was that most issues could be resolved (currently dealing with mold poising which has contributed to my decline), and that maybe the color vision could be waived, as I've heard of this happening in other branches, but it sounds like this is false, which is all I need to know. Also the age is a typo, I'm over a decade younger. But again, it sounds like I've upset enough people with this thread, don't think I'm gonna get a more firm answer, so thanks for your time.

exNavyOffRec

My thought process was that most issues could be resolved (currently dealing with mold poising which has contributed to my decline), and that maybe the color vision could be waived, as I've heard of this happening in other branches, but it sounds like this is false, which is all I need to know. Also the age is a typo, I'm over a decade younger. But again, it sounds like I've upset enough people with this thread, don't think I'm gonna get a more firm answer, so thanks for your time.
I don't think you understand, it doesn't matter for several of those issues if had them and you have recovered from them, it is that you had them at all.

In most instances it also doesn't matter you took or did not take the prescription it is the fact the doctor thought you needed it.

SmallDuck

I don't think you understand, it doesn't matter for several of those issues if had them and you have recovered from them, it is that you had them at all.

In most instances it also doesn't matter you took or did not take the prescription it is the fact the doctor thought you needed it.
Yes, I do understand. I was explaining my initial thought process. I wasn't refuting your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.