• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LSD drug ring bust on Navy FDNF ship

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had a couple people involved in a spice ring in my first squadron. That was a nightmare.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had a couple people involved in a spice ring in my first squadron. That was a nightmare.
My personal favorite were the two guys who did so much coke on a CQ det, they started acting all loopy, tried to run away from the MAs coming back to the ship, and got thrown in the brig. Which involves a mandatory whiz quiz. That’s how I learned there was a code on the drug screening report that basically says “we can’t tell you exactly how much coke this person did, but it’s more than the system is designed to measure.” They no-shit pegged the meter.

Best part about that was having just turned over Legal O at the time, and being able to be like “ha ha, fucker. It’s your problem now!” :p

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That’s how I learned there was a code on the drug screening report that basically says “we can’t tell you exactly how much coke this person did, but it’s more than the system is designed to measure.” They no-shit pegged the meter.

cocaine_is_a_hell_of_a_drug_uncaptioned.gif

exNavyOffRec

My personal favorite were the two guys who did so much coke on a CA det, they started acting all loopy, tried to run away from the MAs coming back to the ship, and got thrown in the brig. Which involves a mandatory whiz quiz. That’s how I learned there was a code on the drug screening report that basically says “we can’t tell you exactly how much coke this person did, but it’s more than the system is designed to measure.” They no-shit pegged the meter.

Best part about that was having just turned over Legal O at the time, and being able to be like “ha ha, fucker. It’s your problem now!” :p

I was at mast (as part of the COC) my guy popped for MJ, at mast claimed it was "second hand", legal officer handed the CO a copy of the drug test, CO said wow then asked the kid if he wanted to change his answer or stick with it, kid admitted to smoking, found guilty 45/45 1/2 x 2

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was at mast (as part of the COC) my guy popped for MJ, at mast claimed it was "second hand", legal officer handed the CO a copy of the drug test, CO said wow then asked the kid if he wanted to change his answer or stick with it, kid admitted to smoking, found guilty 45/45 1/2 x 2
Yeah, the lab reps made that pretty clear at Legal O Skool. Secondhand anything doesn't give you enough in your system to pop on the test. They test every sample three times, and if it passes any one of those with a quantity you didn't deliberately put there, it's a pass. You pop, you did it, you're screwed, unless the chain of custody can be challenged.

ATIS

Yeah, the lab reps made that pretty clear at Legal O Skool. Secondhand anything doesn't give you enough in your system to pop on the test. They test every sample three times, and if it passes any one of those with a quantity you didn't deliberately put there, it's a pass. You pop, you did it, you're screwed, unless the chain of custody can be challenged.

I remember the Legal O school story of the girl claiming her non-Navy BF was doing drugs...and she ingested it.. use your imagination on how she participated in the intake his bodily fluids. She claimed second hand as well....lost, but with a golf clap.

I had just shown up at my CVW-5 squadron, first day underway 0430 CMC and I get the call to the Skippers stateroom. Two guys popped. Within a week I was working with NCIS back on the beach uncovering a hidden drug ring with a group outside the gate. Wired up our trooper to get the tape. We still kicked him out, I believe with a OTO vice a BCD. Lot of stuff like that happens, doesn't break squelch so folks don't know about it.

I F-ing hated that job, luckily I had an outstanding YNC that knew his way around. My first lesson on how a Chief can really save a stupid JO's bacon.

ATIS

exNavyOffRec

I remember the Legal O school story of the girl claiming her non-Navy BF was doing drugs...and she ingested it.. use your imagination on how she participated in the intake his bodily fluids. She claimed second hand as well....lost, but with a golf clap.

I had just shown up at my CVW-5 squadron, first day underway 0430 CMC and I get the call to the Skippers stateroom. Two guys popped. Within a week I was working with NCIS back on the beach uncovering a hidden drug ring with a group outside the gate. Wired up our trooper to get the tape. We still kicked him out, I believe with a OTO vice a BCD. Lot of stuff like that happens, doesn't break squelch so folks don't know about it.

I F-ing hated that job, luckily I had an outstanding YNC that knew his way around. My first lesson on how a Chief can really save a stupid JO's bacon.

ATIS

We lost a good EM1 in a similar way, at a dinner party (about 8 people) the host had normal butter and MJ infused butter, guess which one was put on the table, the next week he popped, he fought it had witnesses and such that all said it was by accident, the other guest were not happy either. In the end he was administrative sep, but they only convicted him of failure to follow order or something like that, tried to keep the drug part out of it. He was one of first guys to board the Cole after the bombing, he should have had a good career.

I worked with a conventional MM3 on the Nimitz back in the 90's who talked about being part of a drug sting in VA after popping positive for cocaine, we all thought he was full of shit until our MM1 pulled his service record and it showed he was sent to mast and found guilty for wrongful use of cocaine, I guess part of the deal for helping catch others was not being kicked out. I will say though if you were to try to pick a guy who would be caught using drugs, he would be the one you picked, he was kind of a dirtbag.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Unless this has happened twice, I worked with her. She was an IT3 or IT2 on my first ship. We had a command-wide sweep on the first Jan '03 work day after the New Year's break (surprise, surprise). We lost 4 ITs and 2 ETs who had all attended the same NYE party.

The funny part is we got underway before the mast, so the ARG's ISIC ran it, and I believe she was standing in front of a 1-star telling her ridiculous story.

Upside is I got a sweet new rack out of my shipmate's separation.

ATIS

Unless this has happened twice, I worked with her. She was an IT3 or IT2 on my first ship. We had a command-wide sweep on the first Jan '03 work day after the New Year's break (surprise, surprise). We lost 4 ITs and 2 ETs who had all attended the same NYE party.

The funny part is we got underway before the mast, so the ARG's ISIC ran it, and I believe she was standing in front of a 1-star telling her ridiculous story.

Upside is I got a sweet new rack out of my shipmate's separation.

Highly unlikely same person. I went to legal O school in ‘96.

ATIS

snake020

Contributor
There must some shitty website that gives people legal advice for Navy drug issues, like the ones out there for fighting speeding tickets.

No website, just your superior legal advice from the barracks and sea lawyers.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Different versions of the same excuses, I remember one guy telling the CO and SgtMaj he didn't know until later that it wasn't oregano in the meatballs that made him pop the test, SgtMaj's reply was "I guess your gonna tell me your Grandma is a pothead too?"

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
My first squadron in 1987 I had just checked in, almost the whole line shack popped on coke, luckily the AME shop was undermanned so I stayed in it.

Fast forward a couple years, one of the AME’s popped on coke, and beat it on chain of custody, our MMCO was an AME. He said he’ll no, got the kids rate pulled, sent him to 1st LT were he eventually sell disintegrated. Fast forward quite a few years, CAPT Fegal Ret. was one of my sons professors at ERAU, great guy.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
There must some shitty website that gives people legal advice for Navy drug issues, like the ones out there for fighting speeding tickets.

There is for the Marine Corps.

Our legal O brought it up at an AOM after a half dozen or so of our Marines were following their play book, step by step, of our to get out of the Marine Corps early.