• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LSD drug ring bust on Navy FDNF ship

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
My first squadron, we had two outstanding PR1s running the paraloft At least until that faithful morning the CO called them in front of the squadron at quarters. They thought they were getting awards until the cops came up behind them and slapped on the cuffs. Then the CO had them stand there in front of the squadron while he publicly denounced the drug ring they were running out of their shop. They did eventually get awarded...they were awarded 20 years in Leavenworth.

snake020

Contributor
My first squadron, we had two outstanding PR1s running the paraloft At least until that faithful morning the CO called them in front of the squadron at quarters. They thought they were getting awards until the cops came up behind them and slapped on the cuffs. Then the CO had them stand there in front of the squadron while he publicly denounced the drug ring they were running out of their shop. They did eventually get awarded...they were awarded 20 years in Leavenworth.

I love public masts.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Almost the entire line shack in one of my squadrons was busted for a mini-drug ring, I think LSD was involved among others.

exNavyOffRec

I had something similar to this happen on one of my sea tours, it just sucks, all of those guys can no longer stand watch, that is essentially an entire watch team gone. Less to stand watch, less to do maintenance, it will be awful.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
USS Enterprise (CVN 65) circa 1985: Guy was caught bringing 100 hits of acid (LSD) on the ship. Court Martialed for use and distribution, found guilty, reduced in rank to E-1, received the Big Chicken Dinner (BCD - Bad Conduct Discharge), 14 years hard labor at Leavenworth.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
USS Enterprise (CVN 65) circa 1985: Guy was caught bringing 100 hits of acid (LSD) on the ship. Court Martialed for use and distribution, found guilty, reduced in rank to E-1, received the Big Chicken Dinner (BCD - Bad Conduct Discharge), 14 years hard labor at Leavenworth.
Seems kind of excessive, especially considering how widespread the use of LSD by the Navy.

F9325401-283A-470E-A39E-97D6F57ABF9B.jpeg

exNavyOffRec

The Nimitz in early 1990's had a few guys that did that same thing, NCIS set up a sting, it ended with the 2 sailors trying to run over the NCIS agents as they attempted to escape.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
“Out of an abundance of caution, Ronald Reagan leadership reviewed the work previously performed by the accused sailors and no improper work was identified,” Keiley said in an email to Navy Times.

Looks like you can drop acid and be an effective Nuke...

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
If you play, be prepared to pay. They cant claim they where not aware of the consequences if they got busted.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Back in the early 90’s the Navy tried to get me hooked to some old school LSD, but I couldn’t take it...I left.

C02187C7-0670-438A-B0B2-CFA42D731B6B.jpeg