• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Low flight over Bande Ache (area hit by tidal wave)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
As part of CAG-2 onboard the Lincoln, my det has been flying humanitarian relief missions into Indonesia. I flew right over the northern portion of Indonesia at a 1000' yesterday. There were three areas that were hit and two of them are totally devasted. Nothing left in one portion. Looks as if a bomb wiped out the place. Over the main city, it looks like the water came in up to about 2 miles inland. Very sad for those folks that lost their homes, lives and families.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Do you have any pictures you can post? The news reports say the local military is "restricting" access to the area? Because of recent disturbances in Ache Province?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
bunk, thanks for the hard work you and your peers are doing out there!

gagirl

Post some pics if you can. I also want to thank you for all your doing. Be safe and take care. Please tell the guys with you thank you also.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't have my digital cam with me. I bought a disposable but that won't do much good. Some of my crew have digital cams and I will try and get some pics when I fly tomorrow.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots of images of the relief effort here: http://www.news.navy.mil/

Image below info: 050104-N-9293K-499 Aceh, Sumatra, Indonesia (Jan. 4, 2005) - A Lone mosque stands among the damage of a coastal village near Aceh, Sumatra, Indonesia. Helicopters assigned to Carrier Air Wing Two (CVW-2) and Sailors from Abraham Lincoln are conducting humanitarian operations in the wake of the Tsunami that struck South East Asia. The Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group is currently operating in the Indian Ocean off the waters of Indonesia and Thailand. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer's Mate 3rd Class Jacob J. Kirk (RELEASED)

r/
G

Attachments

• 050104-N-9293K-499.jpg
    050104-N-9293K-499.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.