• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lost military I.D

jitiola

Tengo La Camisa Negra!!!!
Happy New Year A.W's!

Lost my wallet yesterday and haven't been able to find it anywhere i've retraced my steps and I had my military i.d in it. Any specific things I need to do now. Thanks.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Happy New Year A.W's!

Lost my wallet yesterday and haven't been able to find it anywhere i've retraced my steps and I had my military i.d in it. Any specific things I need to do now. Thanks.

If it's anything like my experience -- you go to Personnel -- tell them you lost your ID and wallet -- and 30 minutes later you will walk out w/ a new military ID.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I've seen everything from NJP, NPLOC, or nothing at all. I've had my wallet stolen before, and my CAC card used to dump its fill of certificates on a regular basis. But I've never lost one, as it's generally considered bad form. Not to mention that they're all 'Homeland Security Compliant' now, and that's some shit I don't want to mess with.

jitiola

Tengo La Camisa Negra!!!!
Thanks folks, but your acronyms confuse me. i'm only a Mid (3/c), and being that I am on winter break, I don't really have any command to go to about this problem till next week. FWIW, it is a reservist I.D, not a smartcard. Thanks.

navy09

None
Let your unit know, go from there. They're not going to hang you over something like this.

Redux

Thanks folks, but your acronyms confuse me. i'm only a Mid (3/c), and being that I am on winter break, I don't really have any command to go to about this problem till next week. FWIW, it is a reservist I.D, not a smartcard. Thanks.

That's a different ballgame. Castration is pretty much the norm.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
If you don't find it lickety split... yer social security number is on there. I lost my wallet in 2001 just after getting back from OEF. Some prior enlisted dude out of the navy found my wallet and started up bank accounts all over hells half acre (long long saga)... ID theft is a pain in the ass, but the dipshit offender is being ass-raped in prison presently.

Possible alarmist reaction, but I'd get a fraud alert put on my credit report thru Exparian, Equifax and Transunion. Once you are a no kidding ID theft victim, its free but painful, costs prior to some bitch actually stealing your identity though.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
^That's good gouge. Fallen victim to (relatively mild) identity theft myself before, and it sucked. USAA was great about it, though.

Oh wait, I'm a company commander now, so I'm supposed to say something like, "Yut, yut. Devil dog. HARUMPH! YUT, YUT."

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Possible alarmist reaction, but I'd get a fraud alert put on my credit report thru Exparian, Equifax and Transunion. Once you are a no kidding ID theft victim, its free but painful, costs prior to some bitch actually stealing your identity though.

That's definitely great gouge, and I'm fortunate mine didn't work out that way. I was on det in Singapore when I lost mine. Here's the story:

I was going through the different mall areas around Orchard Ave looking for a new wallet. Since I wanted one with 2 plastic slots (1 for military ID, 1 for driver's license) I had been checking the size by placing my ID in them. I must have forgotten to take the ID out at one of the stores and simply placed the wallet back on the shelf. I spent about 6 hours going through each of those damn stores trying to find it. Some guy must have come in after me and purchased a wallet with one genuine US Navy ID. Oh well.

After flying back to the ship I went to the PSD aboard and got a new one... in about 30 minutes. That was the end of the story... so if you can lose your ID in Singapore and escape without any ramifications... it can't be that bad, rrrrright???

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
-- and 30 minutes later you will walk out w/ a new military ID.

BD - AHEM!!
A4 - (prob yelling) Excuse me, Lieutenant. Is there something wrong?
BD - Yes sir, the data on the PSD office is inaccurate.
A4 - How's that, Lieutenant?
BD - Well, I just happened to see a sonofabitch wait for a.....
Doomass - We!!
BD - Uh, sorry Doom. WE happened to see a sonofabitch wait for about 4 hours to get his ID replaced at the PSD.

incoming! :eek:

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
... so if you can lose your ID in Singapore and escape without any ramifications... it can't be that bad, rrrrright???

I lost my wallet (minus my Drivers and Mil ID) in New Orleans. I put the fraud alert up right away and it wasn't that bad. I tried to file a police report with the New Orleans Police. I waited on the street in the French Quarter for four hours and they never showed, oh well. Part of my reasons for hating New Orleans...

Bevo16

pilot
Ditto on what Vapes said.

My wallet was stolen when I was in Corpus (along with my tailgate, my truck's radio, the entire fucking dashboard, my sunglasses, and various other junk). I went to my loan guy 6 weeks ago to re-fi my mortgage (gotta get some of that 4.8 action), and my credit score was 685, down about 50 points from a year ago. WTFO?? Some asshole had rented an apartment in Corpus with my ID (must be one GOOD LOOKING thief), and they decided to check out without paying $380 in electric bills. They also were treated at a hospital using my ID, and that hospital wants money from me.

It is going to take months to get this shit sorted out. I just hope that rates stay low a little longer.