• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Loss of Flight Pay?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Before flight school, I was TAD at USNA Admissions and a USMC 2ndLt was there with us. Maybe three or four months after graduation, he tells our USMC Captain in charge of us that he's out of money and isn't sure where to go to get it fixed. "What do you mean, did you take out a big car loan or something?" "No sir. I haven't been paid yet. I figured at some point, someone would have turned on my pay thinking there was a delay after graduating, but I can't wait any longer." "Whaaaaaat?! Let's get you to Quantico TODAY!" Now that was a sweet payday too.

The Bobs were trying to do my man like Milton.

HeartofTexas

Contributor
Had one guy at the squadron who hated being deployed but wanted to maintain fly pay status. He'd make sure to be down for about 10, 11 months then come up for a few weeks, hop on some local flights, get current, and then go right back down. Currently on shore tour riding out his last few years before retirement at a C school.

But yeah, we get the occasional person that checks in and then a few months (or a year) later or when there's a new instruction on fly pay guidelines, they just go "wait, what's fly pay?"