• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LOR ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Well I am finally trying to finish up my application and need some help with LORs. First here is some background, feel free to skip if it gets too boring.

I am looking to apply for BDCP for SNA,SNFO,(either SWO or Sub or Nuke).

My GPA is a bit on the low side 2.9 in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering at Purdue University. I guess that is what happens when you test out of the cake courses. With my school work I have gotten into a Co-op program (a re-occuring internship). This has given me basically 2 years of job experience as an engineer. I took the OAR and got 79/9/9/9.

I need to work on getting myself into better shape for the PFT. I am not out of shape but not where I want to be either.

My outside of school activities is a bit shaky though. I play a few sports here and there, but I am not really active in any student organizations (the downside to that Co-op Program).

So the two things left that I need are my motivational statement, which I can piece together, and LORs.

LORs is where I need the most help. I don't know any military officers (and neither does my family.). With being gone from school every 4 months it is hard for teachers to get to know me and to get really active in organizations or design teams. I could most likely get a LOR from one of the people I have worked under at my job (or two or more). I could also get one from my high school coach, but that was from a long while ago and I could attempt to get one from a prof. or at worst case from a high school teacher.

Does anyone have some suggestions on where I could look for LORs? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

kobyra

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
kobyra said:
I could most likely get a LOR from one of the people I have worked under at my job (or two or more). I could also get one from my high school coach, but that was from a long while ago
kobyra
Those would be fine, even the HS coach. If you're active in church, then maybe a pastor, deacon or whatever your denomonation calls them can vouch for you.

WFU2USN

If there are any ROTC units or Navy Reserve Centers around you may want to contact them to see if you can interview with some officers (O3 and above) there.

zuggerat

you know, if there are any NA's around ur recruiting office they could give you an interview, im willing to bet that it'll look great on ur application, and im sure that it couldn't hurt to ask around

Status
Not open for further replies.