• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking to rent a house in JAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking to rent a house in JAX by mid October. Will need a 3 bedroom...close to the base...safe-nice area...also need to accept pets as we have a golden retriever and a cat. Thanks!!

StubbyStitches

AWC Wife
Well, we could accomodate most of your requests. My dad has a house for rent in the area. It is 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2557 square ft. It is new construction and has never been lived in. It is in Green Cove Springs so it isn't exactly "close" to base, but we live nearby and think that it is certainly worth the drive (30 min.) Particularly because the schools are so much better and the neighborhood is wonderful. There is a community pool just finishing construction about 4 houses down. Also, quite a few military families live in the area and there is a huge park across the street from the subdivision.

Finally, I spoke with my dad and asked him how he felt about the Golden and the cat. He said that he would have no problem allowing you to have the pets so long as you would be willing to provide a non-refundable pet deposit.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions or if you would like to come and see it. It really is a beautiful home.

Good luck on that one. Even the apartments around here are expensive.

I found a few houses, I just don't know how far they are from the base. Do you know anything about Mariners Wharf apartments? It doesn't seem like houses are that expensive to rent there.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I found a few houses, I just don't know how far they are from the base. Do you know anything about Mariners Wharf apartments? It doesn't seem like houses are that expensive to rent there.

Nope, I don't really know much about anything housing wise down by NAS. I live across the river near Mayport, and everything is expensive as balls over here. We thought we were getting a deal when we found a house for 1200.

Do you have a link??? We actually considered it and even if we didn't get to stay there, keeping it as another rental.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do you have a link??? We actually considered it and even if we didn't get to stay there, keeping it as another rental.

Sorry to be a real estate c*ck-blocker, but you do NOT want to live way out in Mayport if you're working at NAS JAX. That's just insanity.

Brett

Sorry to be a real estate c*ck-blocker, but you do NOT want to live way out in Mayport if you're working at NAS JAX. That's just insanity.

Brett

Who lives in Mayport?? We weren't planning on renting there, from what I have heard the drive is bad enough right in and aroudn NAS Jacksonville.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who lives in Mayport?? We weren't planning on renting there, from what I have heard the drive is bad enough right in and aroudn NAS Jacksonville.

Uh, you know, the guy offering you his house in this thread - Master (I know, I know, but seriously. Mayport, airport - same same). Try and keep up here, Ryann. ;)

Brett

Uh, you know, the guy offering you his house in this thread - Master (I know, I know, but seriously. Mayport, airport - same same). Try and keep up here, Ryann. ;)

Brett

Hey Mr! I didn't know he lived in Mayport:) Yeah, that wouldn't work out..the hubby is not going to like the traffic/commute as it is.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor

Brett

Brett, would you mind if I started referring to you as "Mr. Congeniality?" :icon_tong

Status
Not open for further replies.