• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

looking into a .22LR

schwarti

Contributor
Looking at the 10/22 on the Ruger site, says base is arond $250. I'm sure you can find it for less somewhere else, though.

Going along with this thread, I'm looking for a cheap bolt-action .22 - under $200. (Or something similarly cheap in another caliber, I'm not particularly wedded to the .22) I know there's not much out there for that little, and I'm sacrificing quality, but I just want something to take out to the Cape and plink with.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Looking at the 10/22 on the Ruger site, says base is arond $250. I'm sure you can find it for less somewhere else, though.

Going along with this thread, I'm looking for a cheap bolt-action .22 - under $200. (Or something similarly cheap in another caliber, I'm not particularly wedded to the .22) I know there's not much out there for that little, and I'm sacrificing quality, but I just want something to take out to the Cape and plink with.

Well you also live in the People's Republic of Mass (aka not a FREE STATE) :)

I can say that of course because I suffered through their crazy gun laws when I attended BU - Mass. Law believe you have no right to defend yourself and if someone invades your home you are supposed to flee rather than defend it.

schwarti

Contributor
Those damn BU kids.... (I keed, I'm moving in with a few in September.) I'm a grad student living in Brighton right on the B, so I see a lot of BU students around.

And yeah, I love Mass - except for the gun stuff.

schwarti

Contributor
Welfleet - my parents have a place on Lt. Island. My dad grew up around Orleans (read: at the Land Ho!) and his grandparents were from there as well.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Anyone still use bolt action?

Did someone say bolt action: Mauser .22 long rifle.

mau.jpg

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I WANT that Unertl !!!!!

I know the feeling...:D I have a Mannlicher Schoenauer .30-06 that has a fixed 4x power Unertl scope on it...but that is a piece of work. Nice stuff Chief!

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
WOW! Nice gun Chief.

Thanks. Drive over (Potomac, MD) and we will take it to the range! Although must confess I use it more for decoration than burning powder.

Mauser with all matching numbers, throughout. The R.A. Litchert 10X scope is 25 inches long! :sleep_125

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I wanna be your new adopted son. :icon_tong

I long for a Unertl.

Nice rig.

I have one I may be willing to part with. A 2" Plain Head Ultra Varmit with dehorned mounts. Pretty good shape with the threaded lense covers. I believe I hava the bases as well. My random web sampling would say about $400. It was on a p64 M70 fwt .243 I have. Not the best platform for it but the owner prior to my Dad used it for crow shooting in GA.