• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

looking into a .22LR

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Thread revival time.

Looking to get an inexpensive .22 bolt gun and I’m seriously eyeing the new Marlin XT series. Anybody had experience with these yet?

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/xt/XT22.asp

I'm specifically looking at the XT-22TR. I personally like the tube feed and the ability to shoot either .22 S/L/LR. I just wish they had a wood stock option.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
CZ makes some great .22 rifles with pretty dang good triggers and a set up that's really accurate and affordable.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
CZ makes some great .22 rifles with pretty dang good triggers and a set up that's really accurate and affordable.

Thats what I hear. I have heard very good things about the CZ 45x's. I am looking to stay in the sub $200 range though. I know you get what you pay for, but I just want something to go shoot cans, crows and groundhogs with.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Can't go wrong with a marlin or a ruger in .22.

Yes, the Marlin XT-22 is what I am looking hard at right now. There are some reports that the Marlins of late have suffered some pretty atrocious QA problems. They are a fairly new platform though so I was wondering if anybody had any experience with them.

OscarMyers

None
It's not a bolt, but the Henry .22lr is a great rifle. Smooth action, fun to shoot and made in America. Maybe a little out of your 200 range but definitely worth taking a look at.