• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for Updated info on Housing for API

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
The point of IFS is that it screens out people who are not aeronautically adaptable. You have a PPL, you're aeronautically adaptable, so no IFS.

nukon

pilot
Just to really hammer this home: they make you sign something when you start IFS stating that you don't have any civilian ratings/certs.

From another thread:
Per CNATRAINST 3501.1C :

SNA/SNFOs who already possess a Recreational, Private Pilot or higher civilian pilot certificate or previous designation as a military aviator are not eligible to enroll in the IFS Program. Students with such a prior qualification are considered to have already met IFS program completion requirements and are considered “validators” for IFS accounting purposes.

TheYeti

So I've heard a lot of gouge about getting PCS orders from API to Whiting, and that you don't get moving expenses or TMO. Does anyone know where it actually states that in an official document? My understanding was any PCS orders rated moving expenses. Also the 35 mile requirement for breaking a lease, is that driving distance or straight line?

Thanks in advance. Don't hate me if that's been answered before, I couldn't find it in a search!

Que3n

pilot
So I've heard a lot of gouge about getting PCS orders from API to Whiting, and that you don't get moving expenses or TMO. Does anyone know where it actually states that in an official document? My understanding was any PCS orders rated moving expenses. Also the 35 mile requirement for breaking a lease, is that driving distance or straight line?

Thanks in advance. Don't hate me if that's been answered before, I couldn't find it in a search!

Your situation may be different, but The Navy moved me from Pensacola (Perdido Key) to Milton, in late August of this year. I did get an amendment to my orders PCSing me to Whiting and it was specified in a code. Your best resource is the Personal Property Office, have your orders in hand and call them, they will be able to tell you what your orders will dictate based on the code in there. My only stipulation was that I was moving more than 35 miles and couldn't move from Pensacola to Pensacola (basically had to change cities to Pace or Milton) . Hope that helps.