• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for some Information

K.Lethalz

Hey everyone, i am new to this and would very much appreciate the information you guys and gals are willing to give me about Aerospace Physiology, and what type of training they have to go through (studies, pipeline, on the job experience, etc). The Navy website gives detail but i am pretty sure that the site does not give the job much justice haha..I have a question that i could find nowhere so im asking here (havent called a recruiter yet) but do these physiologist actually pilot an aircraft or are they just crewman type, and are mainly there to help the aviators?

Any information will do and is much appriaciated..Thanks

- Lethalz

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Welcome to the site, Lethalz.

Aviation Physiologists don't actually pilot an aircraft or work as aircrew. Actually, they fly very rarely and only as a "good deal" type of ride.

From my experience with them, they work entirely in a support and training role for aviators. They are the ones that test the gear that we flew with, trained us up on said gear, ran the dunker tanks, water survival courses, "spin & pukes", etc.

I had a friend that went on to do this after his aviation commitment was up. He seems to enjoy it. I don't think the hours are bad. Deployments rarely happen, and the job is very necessary.

I don't know a whole lot about the designator so I'm guessing that I am completely wrong on some parts of this post, but perhaps it can get you started. Maybe there are a couple of AvPhys guys on these boards?

Again, welcome to AW.