• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking For Help Getting Reserve Intel (1835) Interview

eeedoubleyou

Hello All. I have a request and I thought this might be a good place to put it out there. One of the interviewers on my panel had to drop at the last minute and the regional center putting this together was unable to find a replacement. At first they were going to roll me to the next cycle, but I didn't want that because it's already my second time applying and I'm getting close to max age (went for AEDO last time and they only took 2). They agreed to let me be interviewed by the two-person panel provided that I get another interview before my packet goes up (O-5 and up, 1835 Intel Officer (Reserve)) . The OIC interview is complete, I just had the panel interview today, and the packet is due by COB 1FEB. I know that's significant time pressure, and I appreciate any help I can get.

Does anyone know or can point me in the direction of an O-5+ 1835 that'd be willing to do a video interview with me? There's a bottle of Scotch in it for you, but it'll have to be blended because anything over $25 is a bribe.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

While I am not an intel applicant, nor am I a member of the intel community, I should warn you of the impending due date, though you already know of its presence. The due date, as presented on the schedule/calendar, is the date by which NRC must receive the packet (not the date of packet submission) - after all others have signed off (recruiter, processor, etc.). This can take several days. I might suggest you spend mañana figuring this out.

eeedoubleyou

Really small but very important question… where is your recruiter in all of this?
That's a fair question. He's working the phones on his end trying to make this happen. I mentioned that I've been reading this forum and it seemed like there could be someone here that knows the right person. He suggested I give it a go.

eeedoubleyou

While I am not an intel applicant, nor am I a member of the intel community, I should warn you of the impending due date, though you already know of its presence. The due date, as presented on the schedule/calendar, is the date by which NRC must receive the packet (not the date of packet submission) - after all others have signed off (recruiter, processor, etc.). This can take several days. I might suggest you spend mañana figuring this out.
Point well taken and thanks for the heads up. I'll get on that tomorrow am

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Have your recruiter contact the Region IWC coordinator, like yesterday.

If they can’t help, your recruiter should be contacting the Reserve IWC OCM for help. As an applicant, please don’t contact the OCM directly.

Have your recruiter contact the Region IWC coordinator, like yesterday.

If they can’t help, your recruiter should be contacting the Reserve IWC OCM for help. As an applicant, please don’t contact the OCM directly.

Also, the OP mentioned O5 and up - can you confirm? The current DCO checklist mandates a minimum of three interviews in the O4+ category. I could be wrong, as it may be an expired version (though I don't believe it is) or the community may have altered such requirements (also, unlikely).

eeedoubleyou: I would also inquire about this with your recruiter. It does not hurt to ask.

I second FormerRecruitingGuru's recommendation not to contact the OCM directly, as it a., looks bad on your recruiter (who is just another guy (or girl) trying to make it work!); and b., is akin to contacting the CEO for information on your job application.

eeedoubleyou

Thanks for the fast replies. I’m hoping O-4+ is allowable because I may have an easier go finding that person. Does anyone know if the interviewer is required to be in the exact same designator or is being in IWC fine (ie - is it acceptable for a Crypto or IP Officer interview me for Intel?).

- E

exNavyOffRec

That's right. Three total interviewers in two groups - the OIC, and the panel of two
You should be good then, I haven't looked at the checklist recently but it should specify the OIC and then 2 or 3 others with at least one being in the designator you are applying to.

Most that I saw submit would have the panel interview with the OIC, the OIC would bring along 2 other officers and they would do the interviews together.

If the checklist is the same with the OIC + 2 is it your OR pushing you to get another interview?

eeedoubleyou

I don’t have a copy of that checklist, but I do remember that last cycle I had two interviews: the OIC interview and the panel of three

exNavyOffRec

I don’t have a copy of that checklist, but I do remember that last cycle I had two interviews: the OIC interview and the panel of three
On the checklist I brought up it looks like you are good if you have the OIC and the 2 others.

It is probable that the OIC knows the 2 that did the panel and they compared notes. The OIC's recommendation will carry the most weight, if he or she gave you a good recommendation and write up you will be competitive.

IWC programs (1805, 1815, 1825, 1835) require a minimum of two interviews and a maximum of three. At least two interviews must be from IWC Officers O-4 and above. At least one must come from the applicant’s first designator choice.

On the checklist I brought up it looks like you are good if you have the OIC and the 2 others.

It is probable that the OIC knows the 2 that did the panel and they compared notes. The OIC's recommendation will carry the most weight, if he or she gave you a good recommendation and write up you will be competitive.

IWC programs (1805, 1815, 1825, 1835) require a minimum of two interviews and a maximum of three. At least two interviews must be from IWC Officers O-4 and above. At least one must come from the applicant’s first designator choice.
I have the same information. A minimum of three interviews is required. There seems to be no stipulation as to the individual compilation of such interviews (panel v OIC).

At least one interview should be from your chosen designator, though.

exNavyOffRec- yes?

exNavyOffRec

I have the same information. A minimum of three interviews is required. There seems to be no stipulation as to the individual compilation of such interviews (panel v OIC).

At least one interview should be from your chosen designator, though.

exNavyOffRec- yes?
You do need one from the chosen designator, all that I saw and many that I heard of were the OIC and the others would do the panel interview together, so often it was just 3 total interviews done OIC + 2 others.

I can't stress how important a good review from the OIC is, and if the OIC liked the person often the 2 others would write good things as well.