• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for brief on flight school

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone,
I've been asked to speak to a JROTC unit to talk about aviation. Does anyone have a brief on what the flight school pipeline looks like now? (API for X weeks, Primary for X months, etc.)

Flight school has changed a lot since I went through, so all my info is way dated.

If one of the folks down in P'cola has an official brief, that will work great.

Thanks!

Bevo16

pilot
I have a Power Point that I gave to U-Texas NROTC about 3 years ago, but it is on my home computer. When do you need it by?

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Got this off of MarineGouge. The only thing that has changed on this flow-chart is that tilt-rotor selectee's go to South Whiting first for intermediate, and then Corpus to finish in the TC-12. The word is that the helo portion will be phased out all together and Tilt-rotor guys will go straight to Corpus for Advanced. PM me if you need any specific Tilt-rotor pipeline info prior to FRS.

Pipelinewithtilt1.JPG

DevilDog9782

Got this off of MarineGouge. The only thing that has changed on this flow-chart is that tilt-rotor selectee's go to South Whiting first for intermediate, and then Corpus to finish in the TC-12. The word is that the helo portion will be phased out all together and Tilt-rotor guys will go straight to Corpus for Advanced. PM me if you need any specific Tilt-rotor pipeline info prior to FRS.

And Hornet guys tend to go to Miramar, Ca.. not "Lemore". (It's spelled Lemoore anyways). To clarify: all -18 WSO's go to Miramar while there are a few pilots that go to Lemoore and Va Beach, most end up in Miramar as well.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I need it in about 3 weeks. The CNATRA link has got the info, but I was hoping for a PPT with pictures of the aircraft from each stage.
I can speak off the top of my head on the career path for an NA and NFO, but flight school has changed a bunch... By the way, who the hell invited the Air Force to command a Navy squadron????
Thanks for the info thus far!!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
By the way, who the hell invited the Air Force to command a Navy squadron????
Thanks for the info thus far!!

It's not as bad as you think. In dealing w/ a bunch of AF VT IPs/IUTs, including the O-5s, they're very happy to be in a Navy environment and don't play the standard AF reindeer games.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
It's not as bad as you think. In dealing w/ a bunch of AF VT IPs/IUTs, including the O-5s, they're very happy to be in a Navy environment and don't play the standard AF reindeer games.

Second that. A lot of them said they chose to do the Navy joint gig to be in our environment for flight school vs. someplace like Vance. VT-3 didn't seem top be any better or worse than any other VT.