• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for application forms

mustang13

I have a little bit of a problem I know someone on this forum can help me with...

I've been working with a recruiter to apply for the BDCP program. However, he has never handled a BDCP application before. He usually deals with officers that have left the navy and want to get back in. My problem is that he doesn't know which forms are needed specifically for the BDCP program and is hard to get in contact with. Right now, I am going off the OCS Checklist and trying to complete those.

I was hoping SOMEBODY on these forums would be able to help me either by having the forms for BDCP or knowing of somewhere online where I can download all of them from.

I have a little bit of a problem I know someone on this forum can help me with...

I've been working with a recruiter to apply for the BDCP program. However, he has never handled a BDCP application before. He usually deals with officers that have left the navy and want to get back in. My problem is that he doesn't know which forms are needed specifically for the BDCP program and is hard to get in contact with. Right now, I am going off the OCS Checklist and trying to complete those.

I was hoping SOMEBODY on these forums would be able to help me either by having the forms for BDCP or knowing of somewhere online where I can download all of them from.

Your recruiter is giving you the run around because you are not very competitive, he is a reserve recruiter, or he is just plain lazy. No matter, there are a few documents available on my website, http://www.navy-officer.com. Good luck.

JJH

The application for BDCP is the same as the regular OCS application, the only difference is a program code for what designators you are applying for. Your recruiter should have this form.

pmasters

If all else fails, which it shouldn't as your recruiter has easy access to all these forms, I have my BDCP app save on my computer. If you PM me I can delete the information and send it to you. I also have BDCP checklist and all the other BDCP forms I needed.

However, did you do all the pre-lim stuff like taking ASTB and score sufficiently?

I repeat, as long as you are not mistakenly working with a Canadian recruiter or something your recruiter has easy access to all these forms. My recruiter had also never worked with BDCP but he seemed to figure it out just fine. Determine if its you or if its him before you PM me.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Like what was pointed out already, the only difference is probably the designators (which I think have a "7" attached to the end to show BDCP... that is what I noticed, all of my designators ended with a 7) and the collection of current classes and a degree completion plan.

What are your stats like:

ASTB:
GPA:
Community choices: 1., 2., 3.
PRT Results:
LOR:
Interviews:

mustang13

ASTB: 5/5/6, but that was with minimal preparation. i plan on taking it again after i make sure i know the material
GPA: 3.8
Community choices: Pilot, NFO
PRT Results: haven't taken it yet
LOR: nothing fancy, no admirals or doctors. just a few from school and work
Interviews: what interviews?
College degree: Entrepreneurship/Business Management. I graduate in May 2010.

I'm working with an reserve officer recruiter (he is the only officer recruiter for the Navy where I am from) but he says I can apply for active duty/BDCP through him without any problems. I don't think he is giving me the run around on purpose, but I haven't been the most persistent either. And from what I can tell from the several times I've met with him, he is eager to get me into the pilot program. He was a Marine pilot himself when he was active and even took me to NAS Kingsville and gave me a tour. My best guess is that he's lazy, unfortunately. Also, he hasn't been a recruiter for that long, so he still might be unfamiliar with how everything works. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.