• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for answers!

Looking for answers!

• Yes he will still be accepted

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Not likely

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Momma Vee

Looking for answers! My daughter's boyfriend was scheduled to leave for boot camp in the middle of June when we dislocated his shoulder in late May-needless to say he missing that date. He's completed phy therapy, been given a clean bill from civilian doc and turned in every paper his recruiter has asked for. He was given a new ship date and that's been pushed back too. Is that common? He's concerned they won't accept him now. How likely is that?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Looking for answers! My daughter's boyfriend was scheduled to leave for boot camp in the middle of June when we dislocated his shoulder in late May-needless to say he missing that date. He's completed phy therapy, been given a clean bill from civilian doc and turned in every paper his recruiter has asked for. He was given a new ship date and that's been pushed back too. Is that common? He's concerned they won't accept him now. How likely is that?

Boy your daughter sure is rough on boyfriends...... :D

Sounds like he's good to go. Just as long as he truly is healthy again. Being pushed back will give him plenty of time to continue to work on his strength and stamina. Best of luck to your son.

Semper Fi

Momma Vee

Yes, that's common. If he still has a ship date, then he should be good to go.

Good luck.
He was scheduled to go this Friday but that was nixed-no word yet on the new date. He has until July 19 until his contract expires. Still think he's ok? And yes, my daughter gets it from me!! Jk-I'm as middle-aged house-wife as they come. ;)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
He was scheduled to go this Friday but that was nixed-no word yet on the new date. He has until July 19 until his contract expires. Still think he's ok? And yes, my daughter gets it from me!! Jk-I'm as middle-aged house-wife as they come. ;)

I wouldn't stress over it. His recruiter has done a lot of work to this point. He's not going to want to waste that effort unless your son somehow really made him mad.

A similar thing happened to my brother in law. Twice. He still shipped.

Good luck.

Momma Vee

I wouldn't stress over it. His recruiter has done a lot of work to this point. He's not going to want to waste that effort unless your son somehow really made him mad.

Good luck.

Many thanks and good luck to all you guys-and gals!

Momma Vee

Good luck.
Just got word -he's being discharged. I don't know what the classification is yet. I'm very disappointed.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Just got word -he's being discharged. I don't know what the classification is yet. I'm very disappointed.

I'm not sure if "discharged" is what's happening. Has he sworn in and shipped?

As I mentioned before, essentially the same thing happened to my brother in law (twice) and he eventually shipped.

What I didn't mention is that he didn't make it through Marine Corps boot camp. He eventually made it through navy boot camp, but didn't successfully complete his enlistment.

Each time one of his "catastrophes" befell him, I got about 20% of the story from him. After some research into these occurrences, I always found the other 80%.

I don't know your boy from Adam, but I'd be willing to bet there's more to the story.

If he's fit and motivated, he'll ship. Be patient and find out the rest of the story.

Best of luck to you.

Momma Vee

I'm not sure if "discharged" is what's happening. Has he sworn in and shipped?

As I mentioned before, essentially the same thing happened to my brother in law (twice) and he eventually shipped.

What I didn't mention is that he didn't make it through Marine Corps boot camp. He eventually made it through navy boot camp, but didn't successfully complete his enlistment.

He swore in last July and was scheduled to ship this month but dislocated his shoulder in May. I guess there could be other stuff going on that I don't know-who knows! So do we just wait for the letter to see if he's R4 or whatever? Is a reinlist off the table? Can he still enlist in another branch of service? My nephew is talking hard to him about Army-he ships in a couple of weeks. I still think this feels like a really bad dream.

Each time one of his "catastrophes" befell him, I got about 20% of the story from him. After some research into these occurrences, I always found the other 80%.

I don't know your boy from Adam, but I'd be willing to bet there's more to the story.

If he's fit and motivated, he'll ship. Be patient and find out the rest of the story.

Best of luck to you.

Momma Vee

He was swore in last July and was scheduled to ship this June but he dislocated his shoulder in May. Does that mean a re-enlist is off the table? What about other branches of the military? This just feels like a really bad dream!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
He needs to talk to his recruiter. One of two things has happened:

1) He injured himself in such a way that he is no longer physically qualified.

2) His recruiter, for one reason or another, is tired of dealing with him and has moved on to other prospects.

Only his recruiter can answer those questions. I know that you said his civilian doctor cleared him, but until a military doctor clears him, he's still stuck.

Good luck.

Momma Vee

Would that be the same for any branch? Say he wants to go Army, I know he would have to do MEPS again but if he was cleared that way would he no good to go? Also would it be out of line for me to contact his recruiter to ask questions? I sure don't want to piss anyone off of theres a change he could reenlist later!

exNavyOffRec

Would that be the same for any branch? Say he wants to go Army, I know he would have to do MEPS again but if he was cleared that way would he no good to go? Also would it be out of line for me to contact his recruiter to ask questions? I sure don't want to piss anyone off of theres a change he could reenlist later!

Harrier Dude is right, he needs to talk to his recruiter, my shot in the dark guess from experience is that the shoulder has either caused him to be temp not phys qualified, or perm disqualified. It really depends on what the MEPS doc thinks, and if the MEPS doc says no he can get a waiver but it all depends on the injury and what the documents say, things that will factor in are has this happened before ever? if so it becomes a chronic condition, and most chronic conditions are PDQ.

His discharge will be DEP discharge, this isn't the issue, the medical is the issue.

Momma Vee

It's never happened before so I hope it's just a timing issue-that they feel he may not be fully recovered even though he received a full release from civilian docs.