• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a place to Live in PCola for API

Giggles

pilot
Whats up everyone? I'm looking to see if there is anyone down in PCola who has a room available. I will be reporting down there later this month for API. If anyone has something or knows of something let me know, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

SQUIDutah

pilot
Whats up everyone? I'm looking to see if there is anyone down in PCola who has a room available. I will be reporting down there later this month for API. If anyone has something or knows of something let me know, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Ahhh, the first of many West-mini's.

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
Did you say Platt? yeah i just met the F$#*er. my advice, don't introduce him to your wife, mistress, or girlfriend.

to Giggles: i recommend buying a tent and just sleeping on the beach. think of all the BAH you'll pocket!

Giggles

pilot
Did you say Platt? yeah i just met the F$#*er. my advice, don't introduce him to your wife, mistress, or girlfriend.

to Giggles: i recommend buying a tent and just sleeping on the beach. think of all the BAH you'll pocket!

Met who?

GreenWave08

I have a room availible in a 3 BR/ 2BA house about 15 minutes from the back gate of NAS p-cola. Message me if you are interested and I will send you more info!!

eurotrash

USMC SNA
Speaking of housing at Pensacola. If I were to apply for base housing with the mindset I wanted to do Primary at Whiting (as most married guys do I hear) should I go with P-cola or Whiting? If I were to get Whiting housing, how far is the commute to NASP? I figure suck it up for 6 weeks for API, then live down the street from Primary for however long...any advice or been there done that stories will be appreciated, thanks.

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
Speaking of housing at Pensacola. If I were to apply for base housing with the mindset I wanted to do Primary at Whiting (as most married guys do I hear) should I go with P-cola or Whiting? If I were to get Whiting housing, how far is the commute to NASP? I figure suck it up for 6 weeks for API, then live down the street from Primary for however long...any advice or been there done that stories will be appreciated, thanks.

Highly advise against it, especially with gas at $4. You can't even get Whiting housing anyway (to my knowledge) while you are stationed at NASP. Once you check out of NASP after API you can cancel a local lease/check out of Pensacola on base housing with your follow on orders and just move up to Milton or into Whiting on base housing. My advice: live close (or on base) to NASP before/during API. Once you start API you'll know where you'll be doing primary, so use the weekends to find a new place in Milton. Have it all lined up so when you finish API you can just move in that weekend. Also, unless you have follow on orders to Whiting, there is no guarantee you'll even get primary there (current API/primary guys correct me if I am wrong, its been a couple years since I was there).

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
PS, the commute from Whiting to NASP is roughly an hour give or take, with normal traffic. 40+ miles. And Pcola drivers aren't known for their sense of urgency behind the wheel either.