• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a good place in Pensacola

chiphowell220

Myself and two other SNA are moving to Pensacola in September. We're trying to decide on a good location as well as whether to go with a house or an apartment. Any suggestions or opinions would be great. Thanks.

Chip

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Chip - my friends and I just went through this. We wanted to do the house thing but a lot of places were off-limits because of (lame) "no roommates" clauses.

On one hand that pissed me off, but I also understand the desire of people not to have a bunch of rowdy Ensigns living next door... and the desire of landlords not to have us patching holes in the walls, tearing up the lawn, etc. Not having a house will somewhat limit the level of stupidity... I mean you can't play stump in an apartment...:D

Anyway we ended up going with the apartment option, just to make it easier on us. I haven't actually seen it (I had to take the word of the other guys) but I hear our place at Countrywood @ Blue Angel is pretty nice. We will also be pocketing some money since the rent isn't very steep (~1000 for a 2BR, 2BA).

[offtopic]I eagerly await horror stories about my apartment complex now that I wrote that...[/offtopic]

BTW... REMAX flat out lied to us about one place, wasting hours of valuable time trying to get a cashiers check in when someone had already signed a lease on the house we were looking at. I will never do business with them ever again. They're either incompetent or just complete a-holes.

MasterMO

Pensacola Housing

Just wanted to offer some assistance to you looking for housing in Pensacola.......Be glad to give assistance.

PM me.

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
See the other recent post about FairField Lakes Apartments.

Houses are nice, but unless you have 4 guys... it's cheaper to go with an apartment. And generally, the apartments and condo's for rent are a LOT nicer than the cheaper houses you'll be able to afford.

Adam Shreders

we have 2 bedrooms available cheap, I'm a SNA, other roomie is a SNFO 860 304 9116, 850 455 4629 we can do $375 and split utilities

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
See the other recent post about FairField Lakes Apartments.

Houses are nice, but unless you have 4 guys... it's cheaper to go with an apartment. And generally, the apartments and condo's for rent are a LOT nicer than the cheaper houses you'll be able to afford.

A buddy of mine from NROTC and I are moving down at the end of October and just signed a lease for a 2 bdrm apt in Fairfield Lakes. So far everything looks nice. I think they still have some available.

Also, Fairfield Lakes will let you out of the lease even for NAS WF to go to Primary if you want to move closer to Milton.....

Adam Shreders

chip, my roomie and i have some rooms for rent if you're interested, we are close to whiting and NAS, 860 304 9116, 850 455 4629