• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Look! A post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Honour_Class

The first week at prototype you get to fill out a dream sheet. You can choose what is most important to you: base or class. You can also name specific boats. None of this is even close to set in stone and the Navy will pretty much put you where they want you.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
Honour_Class said:
The first week at prototype you get to fill out a dream sheet. You can choose what is most important to you: base or class. You can also name specific boats. None of this is even close to set in stone and the Navy will pretty much put you where they want you.

You can't name specific boats anymore, nor specify between classes. You just list your locations in order of preference. Though if you put KB and Bangor at the top of your list, it's clear that you want a Boomer.

Boomers aren't 6 in and 6 out, either, I'm under the impression that it's just over 3 months for each, but I can double check that.

My hubby is an enlisted Nuke (sub vol) who just finished the pipeline in June (#1 MM in his class :) ) and is now a staff-pick up, waiting for the STA-21 results to come out.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
bg7 said:
Just Wondering If Any Of You Guys Can Answer A Question For Me. My Boyfriend Is In The Nupoc Program And Is Currently At Ocs. He Wants To Be On A Sub, And I Was Just Wondering If Any Of You Know Whether Or Not He Gets A Choice Between Fast Attacks Or Boomers, Or If He Just Gets Whatever They Give Him?
And I Thought I Would Add A Post To This Lonely Forum ;) Thanks For Any Info.

Is there a setting that I can choose to make my posts have annoying all capital words? That is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I wanna do it!

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
NukeWife said:
Boomers aren't 6 in and 6 out, either, I'm under the impression that it's just over 3 months for each, but I can double check that.

Here's the deal with the Trident schedules (from a Nuke who was on one):

"...112 day schedules and they are usually at sea for about 70-75 days of that 112."

H

Honour_Class

I don't know about what the enlisted get to do. However, as an officer you definitely do get to choose specific boats, classes and ports on your dream sheet. Many people get close to what they want (usually classes). Also, as an officer you can actually call your detailer and they will accomodate you if they can. I know several people who were unhappy with their assignments and got them changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.