• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Longest Flight?

FlyinRock

What is the longest non stop single pilot flight you ever did? I've got at least three flights in excess of 11 hours. FW of course. Don't care to do any of them again. My bladder aint what it used to be.
Semper Fi and Happy New Year
Rocky

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
1974. F-4J. Strapped into the jet at Miramar at 6:00. Took off and flew overhead USS Ranger which was operating off of San Francisco. Held overhead, tanked from the duty KA-6D, went into the pattern, 11 touch and goes, 7 traps, several hot pumps on the deck. Got a full bag on the last hot pump, and was shot to the beach. Landed at Miramar and finally was poured out of the a/c at around noon. 5.5 hrs flight time. 6 hours in the a/c. Signed the jet off, and proceeded home and the rack.

exhelodrvr

pilot
8.2 hours (I think it was). In an H-3, though, so you could get up and stretch, and there was also a relief tube. However, it was wearing a wet suit. (Which meant that 8.2 hours worth of farts were released in the ready room all at once during the debrief.)

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
3.3 unrefueled in an F-14 going from Va Beach to Omaha, NE with a 120 knot headwind. By the way, that CQ thing gets a little iffy, since you're not really flying while hot-pumping on deck. Of course, the motor is running and you're strapped in, so it's still painful.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
7.0 CTO - TOJ
7.0 TOJ - KHT

F-14 ferry flights from the Grumman factory on Long Island to Torrejón, Madrid Spain; and then to Khatami Air Base, Esfahan, Iran.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
7.0 CTO - TOJ
7.0 TOJ - KHT

F-14 ferry flights from the Grumman factory on Long Island to Torrejón, Madrid Spain; and then to Khatami Air Base, Esfahan, Iran.
What I wouldn't give to have the opportunity to splash one of the birds you delivered:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A-4: 4.1 hours airborne; air-refueled X2.

A-6: 10.2 hours non-stop CQ engine-turning butt-time ... 3 (?) trips through the NKX pits. Don't remember the actual "air" time.

B747: 14.6 hours (unrefueled :D) JFK-NRT.
:sleep_125