• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Local or Navy Adult League Hockey

zbay

Hockey

Is that league still running? I am planing on being there at the end of summer and would be great to be able to play and ref a few games while doing the school thing.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is just my $0.02, but I was the safety-O down there at API for a while. You guys really need to go play hockey more than you want to fly? Because if you get seriously injured while in the early phases of the program, you've got a great shot at getting med attrited. Simply put, the Navy's not willing to hold a flight spot for you while you spend months and months on the mend. Especially if it was in a 'recreational off-duty' mishap, you won't find much sympathy.

An active hobby is a great idea. Find one that doesn't involve playing a full-impact, aggressive game against dudes with sticks and skates who may or may not know what the hell they're doing. Or if you really gotta, at least wear the full safety gear.