• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Living on base

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter86

How easy is it for military officers to get living quarters on base? I am thinking along the lines of a small appartment, not a dorm.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
depends on where you are but if you are single it will be more dorm like than apartment like. The usual set up is your own bedroom and bathroom and then a shared living room with one other person. The BOQ at Whiting is a little nicer but it is still the Q

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
NAS P-cola ad whiting are closer to 1 bedroom apts... NAS north island was half and half. Those are the only ones I have seen.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like said, the Q at Whiting is like an apartment. Living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. It's really not bad, except for the fact that it's on base. Though even that works to your advantage at times. The biggest deal is getting AWAY from base.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I lived in a house for primary/intermediates and lived in the Q in Corpus for advanced (all my roommates selected helos). It was nice being 2 min from work, but NAVY 24/7 isn't worth it. Take your BAH and get nice little getaway, thats what its for.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah definitely get a house with some friends it will make both studying and throwing parties very easy and utilities split four ways means more beer money. Not living on base will ease your stress level a lot.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
agreed, living in the Whiting Q was not bad, but life is SO MUCH better living out on town. Not that the 1200 bucks of DLA was not a big incentive to get out of the Q!

Status
Not open for further replies.