• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Likelihood of being selected to go P3?

AnonymousGuy

None
I'm about to finish Primary soon, and I'm desperately hoping to be selected to go P3. Is this a billet that's generally hard to get?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I'm about to finish Primary soon, and I'm desperately hoping to be selected to go P3. Is this a billet that's generally hard to get?

Do you not talk to your fellow studs constantly about this? Maritime (P-3) slots are pretty common. No special NSS requirement like jets. If you want it, unless there's a crazy helo draft in progress, you should be fine.

AnonymousGuy

None
I talk to them all the time about it, but I'm just trying to get some other views as well.

Also, I'm NFO...not pilot. Does that make a bigger difference?

jtmedli

pilot
I talk to them all the time about it, but I'm just trying to get some other views as well.

Also, I'm NFO...not pilot. Does that make a bigger difference?

Yeah, it does. It probably means that you wont get Helos. ;)

FWIW, I hear that there's been an E2 draft going on in NFO-land lately.

AnonymousGuy

None
I've heard of this alleged E2 draft as well, but I think that was more for people that were already in Intermediate. I haven't really seen it affecting Primary numbers too much, but I do know a more-than-normal amount people have been selected to go E2 out of intermediate as opposed to jets. Am I putting this together wrong?

jtmedli

pilot
I've heard of this alleged E2 draft as well, but I think that was more for people that were already in Intermediate. I haven't really seen it affecting Primary numbers too much, but I do know a more-than-normal amount people have been selected to go E2 out of intermediate as opposed to jets. Am I putting this together wrong?

No, you've got it right. Just sayin' that if you're one of those guys that gets pushed into intermediate because your grades are good then be prepared.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor

It's irrelevant. Whether there's a Hawkeye draft or not, whether they're funneling everyone into Prowlers/Growlers or into TACAMO, IT DOESN'T MATTER. You're going to almost definitely love your platform whenever you find out what it is, with few exceptions. Each community has its goods and its others, but each community is VERY good at talking itself up to get the new guys excited about it.

For example, jets are where all the PR is made, but their FOs are sometimes perceived as a redundancy in a platform that also has a single-seat variant.

The Hawkeye is a big, slow, ugly monster of a bird, but the FOs in the back are some of the most tactically savvy folks in the entire aviation community.

P-3s are getting some new American-built hotness to fly around in, so you might have that to look forward to.

Of course, everyone in every community is going to come back with their own interpretation of how the NFOs are viewed. Just my point of view, YMMV.

Point is, quit the worrying about what plane you're gonna get and just be hungry for time in the air. If you're not flying, you should be wishing you were. If you are flying, you shouldn't give two shits what aircraft you're flying in and be thankful that they're actually paying you to go have so much fun in the air.

Just a quick community plug...I wanted P-3s out of Primary too, then I selected E-2s out of intermediate (everyone in my class got P-3s but me and the dudes who wanted jets) and I absolutely love being in the Hawkeye. For NFOs, there's no better gig, and you can take that to the bank. Chill out about 'desperately wanting' a platform. You should be satisfied desperately wanting to fly. That'll get you where you wanna go.

IRfly

None
Curious...Why are you "desperately hoping" to get P3's? That's cool and all, but don't be like the dude I knew when I was coming up through C-pool who DOR'd because he didn't get P-3s. DO NOT do it...

AnonymousGuy

None
Curious...Why are you "desperately hoping" to get P3's? That's cool and all, but don't be like the dude I knew when I was coming up through C-pool who DOR'd because he didn't get P-3s. DO NOT do it...

I'm prior enlisted and came from the P3 community. It's what I know, and I know exactly what I'm getting myself into by going P3. Becoming a P3 NFO is the reason I joined the program...to eventually become a TACCO on a P3. I didn't even request to go pilot. I've had my eyes on P3 NFO since day-one.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor

C'mon, why wouldn't you want to go P-3s? By far the sexiest platform in the entire Navy.

gotta_fly

pilot
Isn't likelihood of being selected just a fancy way if saying what are my chances or what percent get P-3s?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk