• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lied to by a recruiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh89

During the career inquiry(it was a sort of festival) at my school, I went up to talk with Naval recruiter, and he told me a couple of lies,which I know are not true from my reasearch of this particular career path.Anyway, he said that there are only four year naval scholarships and those who get into Navy ROTC usually go throught JROTC(high school) and other things. I replied and said that there are two year schoalrships as well,but he just said "naahh man." I could tell he wanted me enlist rather than go in as an officer.

He also said that the Navy has more Air Craft than the AIr Force(this isn't a major lie though, and I'm not sure if this is true or not).

schwarti

Contributor
From what I've heard and experienced, it's better generally to go straight to an officer recruiter. They usually have less pressure on them, since they get a lot of applicants, as opposed to regular recruiters, who are constantly under a lot of pressure to meet their quotas. This means that otherwise good guys might get creative with the truth to meet their goals - or they might just not know about officer programs. Just what I've heard, is all.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Yes go talk to an OSO. I heard enlisted recruiters have a quota or incentive to enlist folks whereas officers don't. Is this true?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Next thing you know, people will be lamenting the unkept promises of running politicians. :rolleyes:

Brett

JBM

Gainfully Employeed
None
It is true about the aircraft. The largest air force in the world is the US Army, followed by the US Navy.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
During the career inquiry(it was a sort of festival) at my school, I went up to talk with Naval recruiter, and he told me a couple of lies,which I know are not true from my reasearch of this particular career path.Anyway, he said that there are only four year naval scholarships and those who get into Navy ROTC usually go throught JROTC(high school) and other things. I replied and said that there are two year schoalrships as well,but he just said "naahh man." I could tell he wanted me enlist rather than go in as an officer.

He also said that the Navy has more Air Craft than the AIr Force(this isn't a major lie though, and I'm not sure if this is true or not).

Go tell your mother. :sleep_125

We're done here.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Go tell your mother. :sleep_125

We're done here.
Personally, I think this is a big deal. I've been in two seperate phone conversations with enlisted recruiters who think I want information about becoming an officer. The names of these recruiters were forwarding to me by members on this forum. Even after telling thsese guys that I am only interested in becoming an officer and asking who I should talk to, they still insisted I had to talk to them first. The blatant lieing by these enlisted recuiters who play this game is utter bullshit. I find it entirely inappropriate, unprofessional, and downright unethical.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Personally, I think this is a big deal. I've been in two seperate phone conversations with enlisted recruiters who think I want information about becoming an officer. The names of these recruiters were forwarding to me by members on this forum. Even after telling thsese guys that I am only interested in becoming an officer and asking who I should talk to, they still insisted I had to talk to them first. The blatant lieing by these enlisted recuiters who play this game is utter bullshit. I find it entirely inappropriate, unprofessional, and downright unethical.

Inappropriate, unprofessional... outrageous!
PhilMJacky1sml.JPG

In all seriousness, I completely agree and think that these tactics need to be reported to the individual's chian of command.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.