• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

How much liberty do you get as a Plebe, Youngster, 2nd Class, and Firstie? I heard it's like from 1000 to 2200 on Saturday as a plebe but what about Sunday? Can you go off base for church? Thanks!

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Plebe year: 1015 - 2200 on saturday. You can leave sunday for church but must be back by 1300

Youngster year: 10:15 -0100 on saturday. Any time sunday until 2000

2nd Class: Friday until 2400, until 0100 saturday, sunday until 2000, Tuesdays from 1800 - 2400

Firstie: M T TH F until 2400, saturday until 0100, and sunday until 2000.

However, the number of weekends and overnights available for the lower classes are increasing all the time. Who knows how much it will be next year.

rjack14

F/A-18F WSO (FRS)
None
Yeah and plebes can have cell phones. I remember when I was a plebe, we had the last real plebe summer......

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
rjack, you're a freaking TOOL. There, I said it! HA! And don't give me any of that, "I'm going to have 2 anchors on my wings, vice your ONE" crap, either. Because I'll bring the pain, son. Big time. lol Dude, you'll be happy to know that I got to inform a certain Ensign from our API class that he'll be flying w/ the biggest tool in our squadron tomorrow. The perks of PM duty.

cougar23

How many weekends per year does each class get for leave(i.e. to fly home for the weekend and be back Sunday nite)?

a_m

None
The number of weekends depends on the performance of the company as a whole. it ranges from very little (plebes) to a whole lot (firsties) with everone else in between. Don't worry about this too much. You'll figure it all out firsthand.

cougar23

Alabama Matt,

What's an AVERAGE number, just to give me an idea? Three times year, five times a year? Just a GENERAL number would be helpful. How many did you get to take this year?

a_m

None
Well, my company was pretty high, so I got to take 11 weekends. However, plebes got about 3 and a few overnights (which is still too much). If you get put in a company that doesn't do as well, you'll get fewer. If this is one of the major concerns about the academy, you might want to look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.