• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Liberty Radius?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Are you so short on leave that you can't drop a leave chit?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I just wasn't sure how they grant the special lib in terms of distance. If they think it's dangerous or too risky in terms of returning on time it won't be the end of the world.
It probably will depend on how you report the distance to them on the chit, ie are you going to write "R/R to drive 580 miles..." or "R/R to drive 714 miles..."

If you report 580, they say yes, and you get into an accident or don't make it back to work, they pull the string and find out you actually were driving 714, then stand by to stand by. It will be painful for you and all the other students just so you could save 3 days of leave.

usn_ftw

It probably will depend on how you report the distance to them on the chit, ie are you going to write "R/R to drive 580 miles..." or "R/R to drive 714 miles..."

If you report 580, they say yes, and you get into an accident or don't make it back to work, they pull the string and find out you actually were driving 714, then stand by to stand by. It will be painful for you and all the other students just so you could save 3 days of leave.

Hence why I asked how they calculate the mileage.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not experiencing the feeling of a devil on my shoulder saying it's a bad idea.

Thats part of the problem...Hence my E-3 comment above. While you may be young and fearless, you are not indestructible.

If you end up driving, I'd at least fill out a leave chit and leave it with your wing leader or on wing to CYA just in case.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Hey all, quick question about liberty. The Memorial Day weekend is coming up and I would like to travel home to see family. The radius is 500 miles, and out to 600 with a special liberty chit. Anything more than that requires leave, and I don't have much accumulated at this point.
From my command to home is 585 miles straight line radius, but is 714 miles by road. Which number does the command look at when processing a special liberty chit?
NO problem, innocent question. You don't have a lot of leave to burn, trying to figure out how to fill out the paperwork

Words explaining why its important to you and the fiancé pressures.... then... I don't see why they would even offer the special liberty radius if they aren't willing to allow anyone to utilize it. We shall see.

Your lacking of acceptance response to the group of individuals saying they wouldn't sign off you chit based on the info given when they're telling you that the way to calculate it, you are outside of the limits you listed. You're legitimizing the dangers associated with breaking the liberty bounds with your survival through life so far...

I may have failed to mention that the 500 mile radius requires no paperwork whatsoever, 600 requires the spec lib chit and in both cases you must drive. You will not be charged leave if you drive. If you fly any distance leave is required, and anything beyond 600 miles requires leave.

It seems pretty obvious that you're sweating a couple days of leave and looking to relieve your family/friend pressures in a way that won't require you to take any.

Well, I'm certainly not trying to piss anyone off by going to see my family. And I do see and respect everyone's views on "pushing the limit" vs. the reward of my precious "3 days at Mommy's house." I'm not really here to justify my reasons for going back. I'm not experiencing the feeling of a devil on my shoulder saying it's a bad idea. I just wasn't sure how they grant the special lib in terms of distance. If they think it's dangerous or too risky in terms of returning on time it won't be the end of the world. I will then have 4 full days of amazing Florida weather and beaches. I'll manage. :)

Regardless, at this point....

deadhorse2.jpg

You tried to justify your reasons for going back in your second post... We keep beating the dead horse because it seems that you keep posting to bring up caveats that you hope will change the responses more in your favor.

Hence why I asked how they calculate the mileage.

And you got the answer after your first post. You probably feel like were picking on you, but were not- we're reacting to the perception that you are creating of yourself.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If nothing else, this thread has pretty much covered:
  1. What not to ask for
  2. What to ask for
  3. How to properly ask for #2 without bringing up #1

(Memorial Day weekend is a great holiday, but it looks like the timing and the OP's duties as a flight student just won't work. Any foreseeable gaps, in the near future, between API/IFS/Primary??)

usn_ftw

Like many a chat forum thread, this is going in a direction that no one intended it to.

I'm going to the Olive Garden now.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Well, at least by asking this stupid fucking question on Airwarriors you have almost assuredly alerted someone in STUCON who will undoubtedly be looking for your chit to come across their desk.

Better obey all laws now buddy...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like many a chat forum thread, this is going in a direction that no one intended it to.

I'm going to the Olive Garden now.
Time to lighten up Francis....question asked and answered. Talk to your squadron and move along. You may not like the answers given, but you now have a way ahead.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
5 years from now when he's trying to figure out how to use all his use/lose days, he'll look back on trying to save a measly 3 days and laugh.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stop being a little bitch and go sit in the corner for a while to think about what you said.
It's official Warriors, we have a new 'THAT GUY" ... dislikes most of our responses. Be sure to ask for more help, real soon. I'm crushed!:(
crybaby.jpg
BzB

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Alright, before this becomes more of a dogpile event than it already is, I'm closing the thread.

Nothing more to see here....move along. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.