• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Level D time towards ATP?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
It's the type commander who needs to approve the "orientation flight" IAW 3710...

I don't have the IC that clarified that section in front of me, but IIRC, it gave the approval authority for FAA evaluators back to the squadron CO. It was in that section that basically said, "Yeah, we totally wrote this from a pointy-nose perspective and didn't think about all you big wing guys who routinely carry non-aircrew. Our bad."

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
I don't have the IC that clarified that section in front of me, but IIRC, it gave the approval authority for FAA evaluators back to the squadron CO. It was in that section that basically said, "Yeah, we totally wrote this from a pointy-nose perspective and didn't think about all you big wing guys who routinely carry non-aircrew. Our bad."
I also don't have it in front of me, but in our most recent case, it was approved by skipper and commodore. I have carried non aircrew (mil civilian) pax with skipper approval only though. I think PA is right, that changed in the last couple of years.
In any case, this guy is easy to work with, very helpful, and will make sure you get all the checks in the block that he has to get to issue your license. PM me if interested.

Fallonflyr

pilot
huge.16.80818.JPG

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
In 2011, CNAF was very supportive of my effort to have an FAA Examiner fly with me for an ATP check ride. They actually said that the wanted guys/gals to use that portion of 3710 in order to justify preserving it. The FAA regional director approved it too. If only the I could have gotten the link between squadron & CNAF to approve it....

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
For those of you who used the Sheppard Air software, how did you study using it? Right now I'm just going through the questions and only have the answers showing up. It seems like more questions get added as I click through. The memory aid thing looks good, too but pretty confusing at first.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I had a real hard time trusting the memory aid. Suffice to say it was spot on. I just practiced writing it down from memory until I had that portion down cold. I was also a geek and did many of the sample problems just in case. Similar to P3 natops performance charts so wasn't that difficult to solve them.

The main 800? Questions I just took a section at a time until I got them all down. The day before my test I went through all the questions in the bank three times and took a couple practice tests to ensure I had it all down. I spent more time than advertised studying. About 10 days of afternoon studying. The actual test was a breeze after that. I just didn't want to get a low score or god forbid fail and have that on my record. Ended up getting a 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Ok, I'm just working through the questions now and I'll focus on the memory aid more. It's not bad overall, a lot of common sense or learning different regs, but the CG shift and moment arm stuff is getting me. It seem like they're using different numbers than what's in the figures.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Trust the Sheppard Air gouge. 5 evenings of study (same method as the webmaster) got me a 98 on the exam. Sheppard air knows what they are doing.