• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LET'S ALL PUMP VICKI!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

...for gouge I mean,

That's right, the official Vicki Wildman OCS Gouge pumping station is open for business!
The wild one sent me an E-mail saying she's having trouble getting on AIRWARRIORS, and to post her personal E-mail adress for whoever wants to ask her questions. Remember, hotmail's pretty limited in it's ability so don't get crazy.

Zap her @: victoriawildman@hotmail.com

..she concluded by asking me how my app. is going and when I'll be getting down there, so if you'll excuse me I have to write her back with the GREAT news. On that note: got my official rejection letter today. Really neat looking actually, official water stained paper and everything. I think I'll frame it.

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 05/10/2001 04:42:47

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
quote:On that note: got my official rejection letter today. Really neat looking actually, official water stained paper and everything. I think I'll frame it.
No!!!

Are they not going to let you retest?

Dave Shutter

Yeah, it was official last week with a phone call and I got the courtesy letter today, although I've known for about two weeks now due to my processors excellent inside operatives in CNRC.

My rec' was in a hurrry to get off the phone with me last week when he dished it out, but I asked about re-submitting or somehow appealing(?) and he said I could theoretically re-submit MAYBE this year (after we waited a few weeks???)but what's more likely is the Philadelphia Eagles motto: There's always next year! Next FY actually, which isn't that far away: Oct1. Not terrible considering some guys on this forum aren't starting OCS until next winter, but I don't think they'll be 29 by then. He also said that "everything is being closed out, including aviation." I'm not sure how true that is since I got (what I think is) some very reliable info from an Officer that Aviation and NFO are nowhere near closed out. Anybody else know?

My letter discussed the extensive review perfomed and the intense competition, but I heard from both my proc' and my new rec' that the 1 BIO pt. was what killed me. If that's the case then I have a very legitimate gripe because my first rec' looked me dead in the face and said all my ASTB were high enough, good actually.

D

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Dave,
The darkside has spoken now step into the light. The Corps! Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Dave Shutter

What do you mean "We", did you hit a speedbump yourself in applying? Somoene else here had the same problem but I forgot who it was? Peacoatman, wasn't it you??

The official letter says: "All attributes are weighed against the needs to the Navy" but I was told by two people that my BIO test score was a 3; min for SNA is 4 non-waiverable. What I was told anyway, but then again, like I said before, I'm not ICEMAN on paper. Oh, well, the way it was 5-10 years ago a recruiter wouldn't have even talked to me in the first place.

D

PeacoatMan

Affirmative, Dave. I missed SNA by one point on my bio (ironically, all my other scores were beyond the cutoff) ... luckily I am young and have plenty of time to improve and apply -- wish the same held true for you, Dave.

What I didn't understand: the recruiter said he could not tell me my bio score, just that it was one point off. He told me I could go NFO -- hell no, I was born to fly!

Joey

unfUSN

Dave... sorry to hear that your weren't picked up. That BIO section is purely subjective... no way to study for it. What are your plans now?

ATP

Musiqlover

For future reference, my recruiter advised me that while taking the Bio part of the test, to be in the frame of mind of and "Iceman" type of person. You have to appear as if you have no fears. I believe that helped me pass the bio section.

Sincerely,
Paul

PM

Dave Shutter

Thanxs for asking Ashley, I'm not sure right now. I'm sort of kicking around what job to go out for next along with taking care of the little one. I could re-apply but if the Navy drops it's 30 age max for next FY then any further pursuit with them is over. The age waiver I could have gotten due to my prior service meant OCS graduation in Sept. at the latest, so that option is gone too. I hear the AF lowered it's age max back to normal also. Right now it's a bit of a dillema, I've got about two years invested in this pursuit so far. I'm never one to back down from adversity or obstacles when I really want something, but sometimes it just doesn't happen and you reach a point where your just wasting time, and then it's a matter of cutting your losses. I'll let you know.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.