• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let the waiver process begin

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Update: So, the past week NOMI had been stewing over my commissioning physical. Today I got word that I was not physically qualified, but the waiver was reccommended.:D In lieu of that I will be commissioning this Sunday w/ designator 1390. YAY!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Update: So, the past week NOMI had been stewing over my commissioning physical. Today I got word that I was not physically qualified, but the waiver was reccommended.:D In lieu of that I will be commissioning this Sunday w/ designator 1390. YAY!
Congrats! This must lighten the weight on your shoulders a bit.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

...and you owe it all to AW??? ;)

Congrats!!!

STA21pilot

Wow - ME TOO!

FC2SpyGuy,

Congratulations on getting commissioned. I haven't really been on that much since we were FY05 selectees. I'm getting commissioned this May, 1390 also. But check this out, I got a concussion at NSI playing basketball! It was a freak thing and I couldn't remember jack from that night. The next day we had to take our NAV2 exam and I was still in the running for top GPA. They said good luck and if I needed some more time to take it, but I just went ahead with it and was fine. I actually was able to get top GPA and got a nice plaque and everything.

Well now I'm in Mechanical Engineering and should be able to keep a 3.6. So I thought I'd be good, but then this little concussion rears its head in my physical. CRAP! The Air Force said its disqualifying and I've been nervous. BUMED said the same about NOT being physically qualified, but cleared with a waiver. Now I'm waiting on NAMI also.

It's good to hear that you got the waiver and will stay 1390, I can only hope I get the same treatment. I'll let you know what I hear.

STA21Pilot

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Good luck on the waiver, bumed processed mine through in about two days after nami rec'd it, so shouldn't be a big deal.

edit: STA, did you have to get a mri and neuro eval? The neuro eval was pretty interesting, it's just an iq test, found out i had a pretty good memory, 141 on working memory what ever that means.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Spy, congrats on getting your waiver. I have a waiver question for anyone who might know. When I went to MEPS a couple months back, the doc recommended me for a waiver, and I got the waiver and got my final select letter. (the waiver was for ankle surgery I had). So after OCS when I go to NOMI, will I have to be examined for that again there, and go through the whole waiver request again there? Also, do they make you walk like a duck and all that stuff at NOMI too, I can't remember if they did when I was there last 7 years ago. Thanks.