• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let me stay at your place (San Diego, Jan-May 2015)

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Before jumping onto AirBnB or VRBO, I thought I'd check with my fellow AWs:

I've got some TDY coming up at NASNI from 18JAN through early MAY. A recent read of the JTR (exciting stuff) tells me I can elect to live off-base, regardless of BOQ/lodge availability. Conveniently, the NASNI lodge costs exactly 75% of the SD lodging rate (new long-term TDY flat-rate per diem). I don't have to provide receipts, just proof that lodging expenses were incurred. This presents a great way for me to save money and you to make money.

Are any of you poor souls deploying early next year and interested in a (mostly) respectable helo bubba watching your house/apt for 3-3.5 months? I strongly prefer a place within 10-15 minutes of the Coronado Bridge, with a desk and internet access. I'm married with 2 young kids who will not be accompanying me, but may visit for 3-5 days during spring break. I'm clean and will probably treat your place better than you do.

Alternatively, if anyone is not deploying, but just looking to rent out a room, I might be amenable to that, but only if the price is right - there are many studios/1-BR apts for rent downtown.

Thanks.