• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lemoore

NOLA

I'm drafted to start the rag in Lemoore mid October and I'm a little concerned about the housing situation.

My BAH will go down while housing properties there go up, so buying a house in a station I don't particually want to stay at is not only unattractive, but also a challenge towards my limited fiscal responsibility.

I'm hoping to relocate to Japan/Oceana following training if at all possible and just looking for a little housing advice for the time I'll be spending in the lettuce capital of California.

Also, if anyone is reporting around that time and has a place or is looking for a roommate PM me.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm drafted to start the rag in Lemoore mid October and I'm a little concerned about the housing situation.

My BAH will go down while housing properties there go up, so buying a house in a station I don't particually want to stay at is not only unattractive, but also a challenge towards my limited fiscal responsibility.

I'm hoping to relocate to Japan/Oceana following training if at all possible and just looking for a little housing advice for the time I'll be spending in the lettuce capital of California.

Also, if anyone is reporting around that time and has a place or is looking for a roommate PM me.

Rent a house or apartment if you aren't excited about buying. Once you finish the RAG, then you can determine if you want to buy.

Lemoore isn't as bad as they say it is. Pensacola is a better deal... but it's not the end of the world. It's not Meridian or Kingsville.

MasterBates

It sounds like I would LIKE LEMOORE (Warfare transition board, are you listening?)

But I am weird like that.

I just need to stock up on EBRs before coming...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Forgot to say... the worst part about Lemoore... is the 110 degree heat.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Lemoore isn't as bad as they say it is.

Spend a week in Oceana and you'll take that back ;)

And the worst part of Lemoore is the air quality. Nothing like smog, cowsh!t, and pesticides rolling in every morning. It was rated in the bottom 10% of the country... below even LA.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Spend a week in Oceana and you'll take that back ;)

And the worst part of Lemoore is the air quality. Nothing like smog, cowsh!t, and pesticides rolling in every morning. It was rated in the bottom 10% of the country... below even LA.

Been to Oceana. Stop bragging you a$$ :D I said Lemoore isn't as bad as they say, not it's as good as Oceana ;)

Combine that with 110 degree heat and you have yourself a fun time! People with allergies here have the most miserable time. So many of our guys go med-down because of them.

TurnandBurn55

None
I'm working on being NPQ'd from Lemoore duty..

And hey, I had orders in hand to VFA-122 also. Don't blame me that you weren't as resourceful as yours truly :D :D Gotta learn how NOT to eat a sh!t sandwich... ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm working on being NPQ'd from Lemoore duty..

And hey, I had orders in hand to VFA-122 also. Don't blame me that you weren't as resourceful as yours truly :D :D Gotta learn how NOT to eat a sh!t sandwich... ;)

Sounds like one of the many whiney a$$holes that we'd have in Meridian when they got orders they didn't like... "waaaaa I wanted this"..."ok ok, we'll screw someone else". VT-9 was HORRIBLE about this.

MasterBates

We had them in the HTs as well..

"Wah, my mom is getting Divorced, she wants me to come to Hawaii for moral support" Cut the cord ya putz.

TurnandBurn55

None
Sounds like one of the many whiney a$$holes that we'd have in Meridian when they got orders they didn't like... "waaaaa I wanted this"..."ok ok, we'll screw someone else". VT-9 was HORRIBLE about this.

Screwed? Pshh, the kid willingly took my orders... then he fell in love with that sh!thole and took follow-on orders to BlackKnight Mountain (-154)

Think I can get my money back? ;)