• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lemoore a gem :/

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
Father was stationed out of Lemoore, it smells like cow pie and there's nothing worthwhile for a thirty minute drive.
It's not fun. But it is quiet, minus the Jets flying overhead.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Big Navy put an official photo of my squadron on their website a few years ago, captioned with words to the effect of "VAQ-[my squadron] EA-6B Prowlers fly in formation over Afghanistan."

The picture was of us on the way back to Whidbey Island after COMPTUEX. We were departing the Lemoore tanker track after getting gas from two of our air wing Rhinos. Moral of the story? Lemoore has been confused with Afghanistan before.

Last edited:

Ralph

Father was stationed out of Lemoore, it smells like cow pie and there's nothing worthwhile for a thirty minute drive.
It's not fun. But it is quiet, minus the Jets flying overhead.

The only good thing is Paso is only an hour along with the central coast.

Python

pilot
Contributor
The only good thing is Paso is only an hour along with the central coast.

Paso is good. Lemoore sucks. You don't hear people in San Diego saying "it's a good thing Orange County is two hours away!" I don't want to be near a good place, but at a good place. I just get tired of the "there's so much nearby" argument.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The only places I've ever been that are worse than Lemoore are:

El Paso, Tx
Pascagoula, MS

I flew out there for an airshow a few years ago and my buddy was thrilled that it didn't smell like cow shit in Hanford when I visited.

3-5 hour drives to a place that doesn't totally suck all the time gets old.

A Day In The Life

pilot
Paso is good. Lemoore sucks. You don't hear people in San Diego saying "it's a good thing Orange County is two hours away!" I don't want to be near a good place, but at a good place. I just get tired of the "there's so much nearby" argument.

x1000

It was totally unconvincing listening to RAG IPs trying to sell Lemoore with this reason. Even more so when your other options are staying in VA Beach or going to Atsugi.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VAQ is hiring VFA folks (JOs and DHs)... and while Whidbey is still a couple hours from a major city, there's lots more to do around here than at NLC.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VAQ is hiring VFA folks (JOs and DHs)... and while Whidbey is still a couple hours from a major city, there's lots more to do around here than at NLC.

And it doesn't smell like cow dung.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good grief; you just compared God's country to Hell. :D

jmcquate

Contributor
Or "Fly Marine". MCAS Miramar...........how that happened.........Wow, go big green.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We have several VFA folks here already - mostly RAG instructors, but I have a VFA DH slated to my squadron. Keep trying!