• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Legal issues

pensfan341

Last night at my house I received a two misdemeanors, disturbing the peace and disorderly conduct.

Does anyone have any insight or experience on what this means for me and my BDCP career. My court date is the end of september. Should I tell my OR right away?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Yeah. You need to tell your OR yesterday. Don't know what it means, as I'm not a BDCP dude. But because you're in an officer candidate program, the absolute best you can hope for is to break even.

However, I will tell you this: When you talk to your OR, you need to be 100% honest. Don't withhold any information. And after you tell him what happened, keep him updated as to your situations and what's happening.

The other question would be is the incident alcohol related? You don't have to answer on here, but I will say the Navy doesn't look favorably on alcohol related incidents.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Last night at my house I received a two misdemeanors, disturbing the peace and disorderly conduct.

Does anyone have any insight or experience on what this means for me and my BDCP career. My court date is the end of september. Should I tell my OR right away?

If they treat things anything like NROTC students who get those charges, plan on getting a lawyer... make sure its a good one.

pensfan341

I emailed my OR earlier,

would you recommend calling him? even though it is sunday night.

anybody else have any idea what is going to happen to me

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I emailed my OR earlier,

would you recommend calling him? even though it is sunday night.

anybody else have any idea what is going to happen to me

An email is a terrible way to inform your OR that you got into trouble. Man up and get your ass on the phone. Why didn't you call him this morning? You are going to want him to go to bat for you right? Well then don't give him a reason not to. You just told a huge chunk of Naval Aviation that you got in trouble (on the internet no less) before you told your Chain of Command.

Bad news doesn't get better with time.

gflyer

Geriatric entertainer extraordinaire
You also need to lawyer up immediately. Don't cheap out.... find the best guy in your area and pay him to make this stuff go away.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
The other question would be is the incident alcohol related?

1) In college.
2) At night.
3) In his own HOUSE.
4) Disorderly Conduct
5) Disturbing the Peace

I'd say the odds of booze being involved are pretty good. But, I'm no expert.

Good luck, kid.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
1) In college.
2) At night.
3) In his own HOUSE.
4) Disorderly Conduct
5) Disturbing the Peace

I'd say the odds of booze being involved are pretty good. But, I'm no expert.

Good luck, kid.

You never know... could have been an incident with a few tons of popcorn kernels and a giant airborne laser. Yeah.. that's right... I said laser.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
You never know... could have been an incident with a few tons of popcorn kernels and a giant airborne laser. Yeah.. that's right... I said laser.

PEW PEW!

So is this guy actually in BDCP because his profile leads me to believe he's just applying?