• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Left Lane Vigilantes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

I seem to recall recent commercials, whereby Florida was going to start enforcing this rule. All I can say is, WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG!?!?!

From FoxNews:

"Left Lane Vigilante — An automobile driver who believes so strongly in speed limit highway laws that he or she will drive 55 miles per hour in the passing lane, forcing people to either adhere to the speed limit or to pass on the right. Left Lane Vigilantes never use their rear view mirror, so tailgate intimidation or flashing the high beams is of no use. These are people committed to keeping you from getting a speeding ticket, and they will do whatever they have to to keep you behind them.
The End Is Near for Left-Lane Vigilantes

Colorado state police have so far issued over 450 citations to Left Lane Vigilantes, and hopefully it's only a matter of time before other states follow suit.

According to The Associated Press, Master Trooper Ron Watkins said that since the ticketing campaign began three months ago, about 90 percent of the drivers he has pulled over for dawdling or cruising in the left lane said they didn't know that it was illegal to do so.

Ninety percent!

The Grrr! column applauds the work of Master Trooper Watkins and his fellow troopers as they keep the left lane safe for passing motorists. It's a passing lane, folks. It's not the Sunday Driver's lane. Move, or be ticketed."

jdnew

Outstanding! I hate when people slow me down on the road. I got stuff to do. A guy was driving 45 in the left lane on the interstate yesterday. I think my roommate cussed the paint of the back of the guy's truck.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
What I love is the drivers who stay there no matter how many people pass them on the right, as if they have no idea whats going on.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They need to do this in Washington State, those people can't drive worth a damn! :icon_rage

Pags

N/A
pilot
I don't think it matters which state you live in, most people can't drive worth a damn. Like Fly said, most people seem to have 0 SA on the road.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
what about when you are passing or traveling slightly faster than the right lane (say you're doing 70, the guy to the right 65) and some jerk comes up from behind and starts flashing his brights. It's already a 55 zone.I'm already going 70. I can't change lanes right now, or if i could, I would have to wait for the car behind be to pass before I can pass again. Logistically it would slow me down to move right, but this isn't fast enough for the high beaming speed freak behind me.
Then what???

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If I'm doing 80 in a 55 and some a$s is riding my taill and I can't move over, I touch my brakes. That usually gives them a heart attack and they get the point. Legal? No. But fun.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Flash said:
They need to do this in Washington State, those people can't drive worth a damn! :icon_rage

Me thinks you've never been out to Hawaii. The drivers here are just marvelous...and by marvelous, I mean terrible. Everybody is on the road but nobody can remember how to drive or what the rules are.

Fly Navy: Try doing a brake tap on an R6...not too high on my list of things to do with a lifted truck RIGHT behind me keeping pace at 75.

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
Brake checking is illegal in many municipalities. Falls under road rage.

In Atlanta awhile back, there was a guy who brakechecked some woman who kept tailgating him. She panicked, lost control, crashed and died. Her passenger lived to tell the tale.

He was convicted of vehicular manslaughter...and their cars never touched.

cricechex

So let me get this straight.

I could have sworn that I read in the drivers ed manual that you shouldn't cruise the left lane. It is even posted on most highways across the U.S. But cops couldn't give tickets before? If I were a cop I would harass every person I saw cruising the left lane.

Oh, and anyone else like how people in VA are ever faithful in using their turn signals! I swear, that is the most annoying and dangerous thing to just switch lanes without a warning on the highway. Grrrr...if only the cops would start cracking down on them.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
firefriendly said:
couldnt he have been like....well I was braking for something ahead of me and that person was TAILGATING WHICH IS ILLEGAL?

Yeah, what are the specifics on this?

But props to Master Trooper Ron Watkins and company.

Bajastylee

You guys ever drive in the San Diego area or CA in general, the average speed on the freeway is 80mph. God I love my state.

Status
Not open for further replies.