• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

left handed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattr

What happens if your left handed? From all of the pictures I've seen, the stick has been made for right handed people....?

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Just ask for a left-handed aircraft when you check your aircraft out from Maintenance Control. Don't take any crap from them about it either.

mattr

Sorry about the double post...the page wasn't loading, so I constantly clicked on the button to make it work (happens alot on this site).

A "Mustang" officer is an officer who served enlisted before becoming a commissioned officer. And yes, I know the Academy produces officers, but I've also heard it's possible to apply while you are an enlisted man.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Off the subject of being left handed, but I recommend you investigate the USNA FULLY before applying. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I applied while stationed in Japan, and it almost bit me in the arse. PM me if you've got questions about the enlisted-to-usna-to-commission process.

kaiangel

Personally, I think that being left handed makes things better. When I started primary, the sims guys were telling me that I needed to put my kneeboard on my right knee and learn to write right handed. I have no idea what they were smoking, but I have found the left handed thing to be nothing but a benifit, especially in RI's.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
mattr said:
A "Mustang" officer is an officer who served enlisted before becoming a commissioned officer.

In my Navy "Mustang" meant a officer comissioned via the LDO or CWO programs. It may have been since corrupted to include others ascessions.

kaiangel

This Mustang thing has always bothered me. Here is the definition according to the National Mustang Association:
"What is the definition of a "Mustang?"
The NMA has committed a lot time into researching the definition of a "Mustang" Officer and the best combined definition from several sources is an Officer promoting from the ranks of Navy enlisted personnel with no interruption in their active duty status. It is also accepted the Mustang Officer normally was a career intended enlisted member of the Navy having earned one or more Good Conduct Medals prior to commissioning."

Only in the Navy do LDO/CWO's think that they own the Mustang title.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Left-handed vs right-handed. For starters, I'm left handed. What I think is more important is how well you trim the aircraft up. Unless you're not looking at what you write, you're taking your eyes off of your instruments to do it. The jet guys have it rougher since a small change in pitch (for example) can result in a drastic altitude change in just a potato or two. As far as just pure feel goes, I had no problems flying "right-handed." You are really using both hands (and in some cases both feet) to fly anyway, so it doesn't matter which hand is where. Did anyone here actually have any problems with that?

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
The Chief said:
In my Navy "Mustang" meant a officer comissioned via the LDO or CWO programs. It may have been since corrupted to include others ascessions.

My buddy who just went through LDO school told me that they defined it (in one of the LDO classes) as someone with a Good Conduct medal. I've never heard a non-LDO/CWO refer to themself as a Mustang though.

Status
Not open for further replies.