• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leaving the USA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I believe TJ is off limits for mids now. Our guys from USNA were not allowed to head down there. Probably a good thing as a Naval Officer with out both kindneys might not be as valuable. (And yes I made it out of TJ with both of mine... but barely)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believe TJ is off limits for mids now. Our guys from USNA were not allowed to head down there. Probably a good thing as a Naval Officer with out both kindneys might not be as valuable. (And yes I made it out of TJ with both of mine... but barely)

At this point in my life, I'm more concerned about my liver. I think TJ is off limits for the mids on CORTRAMID or other summer cruise type events, but I would be very surprised if that was the case for local the mids or OCs here.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I believe TJ is off limits for mids now. Our guys from USNA were not allowed to head down there. ...

*sigh* .... I weep for the future of Naval Aviation.

kurtzweeprv4.jpg

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Well, FWIW, I wouldn't drop a leave chit just to go to TJ or Vancouver, but If I were camping in Baja for a week, I probably would. Besides, TJ is an abominable shit-hole. I enjoy Mexico best where there are no Mexicans. :D

Brett

Yep.

No shit. Rosarito.....damn good fish tacos.

Also very true, and its only a half hour cab ride from TJ.

No travel restrictions here, but then again it is part of the curriculum.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Since we are on the subject, does anyone go to Puerto Nuevo? We go down to the Grand Baja resort there pretty often...

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
With all these threadjacks, people don't know what their missing with the misleading thread titles. :D

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Well, good news boys. I got on the horn with somebody at the NRD and it sounds like I'm not kicked out.

Looks like we'll have an opportunity to be working together down the line afterall.:icon_boxi

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I'm going to China this summer prior to OCS and sent in a request for leave. It got approved, but it took several weeks. I'm not sure if that's just because I was dealing with a Naval Recruiting District (the slowest, most irresponsive organization on the face of the planet) or because I was going to a flagged country.

I had to read a 15 page document about China, sign it, and fax it in prior to the request being sent up my chain of command. No big deal.

It seems that the Navy is very strict with flight students compared to everyone else. I hear they have to put in a leave request even if they go a certain mileage away from their base.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I just met up with my recruiter today. NUPOC and INTEL is a much bigger deal than SNA apparently. Either way, as an FYI the Czech Republic caused me to need to get some sort of brief. It is being determined if my recruiter can give it locally or if I will have to drive down to NRD San Diego (which would totally suck with it being finals week next week and all). The western Europe countries do not seem to cause problems though.

USMC Helo Bubba

Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
FYI...

There's this new thing they've got in Mexico now. It's called a "drug cartel". Yeah. Really exciting stuff. Apparently northern Mexican border towns are crawling with them. They offer all sorts of things to aspiring Naval Officers that weren't around when LBJ was in office. Things like hard drugs, kidnapping, even complete disappearance! There's never been a better time to be held at knifepoint while emptying your checking account at a Tijuana ATM!

Just a thought.

owned!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
FYI...There's this new thing they've got in Mexico now. It's called a "drug cartel". ... Just a thought.
REALLY???!!! :eek: Well, I'll be damned!!! Now ... who could know ??? I guess you missed the tongue-in-cheek aspect of the comment --- no surprises there .... :)

USMC Helo Bubba said:

Only if I were for sale ...

You know ........ it never ceases to amaze me how some of you --- the two of you specifically and maybe 2-3 others on AW's --- make it your AW's ready-room commando
raison d'être to frequent posts that I make in a vain effort to pick them apart and/or find fault with them. That's what makes it for you??? Chasing after an old man ???? Am I really that big of a threat to your self image??? You really do need to try ... emphasis on "try" ... to get a life. Both of you. Especially the one who is a Marine Helo pilot.

Helo Bubba, I can understand your angst, however. You got helos and you're pissed about it. We only need revisit (if one can get through them) your previos AW's posts for confirmation on that score. And that's too bad.

The Ensign .... well, he's just an ensign. I guess that explains a lot, too.

Personally ... behavior such as yours (plural) has usually been associated in Naval Service with persons who are very concerned about the size of their penis and and/or suffer from a poor self image. I'm guessin' that you both brought it into Naval Service from civie street and you still have not received validation in life as a result of your service.

Experience tells me that --- and experience is never wrong.

Soooooooo ... which is it for the two of you?? But before you answer; no one really cares .....

And in any case, you both bore me.

Cheers .... and negative rep for both ... and I weep for the future of Naval Aviation if more of your types are in it ...

USMC Helo Bubba

Contributor
REALLY???!!! :eek: Well, I'll be damned!!! Now ... who could know ??? I guess you missed the tongue-in-cheek aspect of the comment --- no surprises there .... :)

Only if I were for sale ...

You know ........ it never ceases to amaze me how some of you --- the two of you specifically and maybe 2-3 others on AW's --- make it your AW's ready-room commando
raison d'être to frequent posts that I make in a vain effort to pick them apart and/or find fault with them. That's what makes it for you??? Chasing after an old man ???? Am I really that big of a threat to your self image??? You really do need to try ... emphasis on "try" ... to get a life. Both of you. Especially the one who is a Marine Helo pilot.

Helo Bubba, I can understand your angst, however. You got helos and you're pissed about it. We only need revisit (if one can get through them) your previos AW's posts for confirmation on that score. And that's too bad.

The Ensign .... well, he's just an ensign. I guess that explains a lot, too.

Personally ... behavior such as yours (plural) has usually been associated in Naval Service with persons who are very concerned about the size of their penis and and/or suffer from a poor self image. I'm guessin' that you both brought it into Naval Service from civie street and you still have not received validation in life as a result of your service.

Experience tells me that --- and experience is never wrong.

Soooooooo ... which is it for the two of you?? But before you answer; no one really cares .....

And in any case, you both bore me.

Cheers .... and negative rep for both ... and I weep for the future of Naval Aviation if more of your types are in it ...

easy fella.....

So - you can dish out all you like....just cant take it?

I Do frequent your posts...mainly for entertainment value-- you ARE your biggest fan afterall.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had to read a 15 page document about China, sign it, and fax it in prior to the request being sent up my chain of command. No big deal.

It seems that the Navy is very strict with flight students compared to everyone else. I hear they have to put in a leave request even if they go a certain mileage away from their base.

I just met up with my recruiter today. NUPOC and INTEL is a much bigger deal than SNA apparently. Either way, as an FYI the Czech Republic caused me to need to get some sort of brief.

Welcome to the world of Anti-Terrorism briefs and Navy leave. What you all are doing is just what every servicemember is supposed to do when they go on leave to a foreign country. As a former Anti-Terrorism Officer I had to sign off on everyone in my squadron who went on leave to a foreign country, making sure they got the brief (Canada was 'covered' in one brief).

Just be thankful that you don't have to do more, I did at my last command......:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.