• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leaving for Boot in 2-3 months

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
My SPC (Staff Platoon Commander) from TBS could complete the entire PFT in less than 18 minutes from first pull-up to crossing the finish line. He can also bench more than 400lbs. He's a freak.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Harrier Dude said:
My SPC (Staff Platoon Commander) from TBS could complete the entire PFT in less than 18 minutes from first pull-up to crossing the finish line. He can also bench more than 400lbs. He's a freak.
Hell, I think we should have 18 minutes between each event. :icon_smil

Wanabe Jarhead

I feel slow. A few years back when I was training for the 5k, I ran a 15:36 on the track. I could only do 2 pull ups but hey. I was a bit faster. On my pre ship PFT I did 290. 18 chin ups, 100 crunches in 1:15, and 3 miles in 17:27. I got some work to do. I figure if I can get 5 more pull ups and 30 seconds or so on the run, I should be looking at a 300 in Quantico. I better go drop the cosby kids off at the pool and go work out some more if I'm going to make that 300 before 2nd inc.

Postal

pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
Hell, I think we should have 18 minutes between each event. :icon_smil

The actual Marine Corps order on PFT's states that you have 2 hours to complete all events. So in the MC you have time to have a few smokes and a cocktail between events. The Navy probably has a max time to complete all events also.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Postal said:
The actual Marine Corps order on PFT's states that you have 2 hours to complete all events. So in the MC you have time to have a few smokes and a cocktail between events. The Navy probably has a max time to complete all events also.
Not sure about the max time to complete all events. It's been awhile since I've looked at the instruction. I do know we have a max time between EACH event though. I think it is no more than 10 minutes b/t events. I think there is also a min time b/t events...2 minutes maybe, but I'm not too sure on that one.

USMCMidd

Hello all. quick fitness question. I am 6'1 205. my best PFT was right before OCS graduation something like 15 chin ups, 21 ish run, and 100 crunches. I have trained for ice hockey my entire life: quick, intense, sprints not so much long term endurance. Is it unrealastic to expect a PFT improvment given my body composition? Would weight loss help my cuase? thanks Gents.

Lt.Walsh

Wanabe Jarhead

NOT a Marine YET but I am into fitness. Having less to carry would definately help your cause. Most distance runners are built like mosquitos.

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Hello all. quick fitness question. I am 6'1 205. my best PFT was right before OCS graduation something like 15 chin ups, 21 ish run, and 100 crunches. I have trained for ice hockey my entire life: quick, intense, sprints not so much long term endurance. Is it unrealastic to expect a PFT improvment given my body composition? Would weight loss help my cuase? thanks Gents.

Lt.Walsh

There is no excuse not to be maxing the pullups and crunches. If i can do it at 6'3" and 215 lbs you should be able to do it. That's where all the points are anyway. If you can keep your run under 22 minutes...you are money. Oh yeah and to answer your question...as long as the weight loss is from FAT, your PFT score should increase. A search would give you a ton on info BTW.