• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leave

trevor jones

Is there usually a break between OCS and TBS? Meaning, do you have time to go home, get your stuff/car before TBS starts, or do you just start TBS right away? I have to assume they give you some time, but thought I would ask.

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
If your OCC I believe you get at least 10 days between to rest/recoup and get your gear together

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
I'm not sure what you mean by basket leave, but it is deducted from your leave account, and if you have no prio service with leave on the books, it means you'll be in debt and won't be able to take leave again for a while. You accumulate leave at 2.5 days per months, so 10 weeks=6.25 days of leave.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
If you're a pilot-type with no prior air time, there's a chance of doing IFS between OCS and TBS, which would give you an extra month or so.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
I'm not sure what you mean by basket leave, but it is deducted from your leave account, and if you have no prio service with leave on the books, it means you'll be in debt and won't be able to take leave again for a while. You accumulate leave at 2.5 days per months, so 10 weeks=6.25 days of leave.

If they will let you go in the hole, might as well do it. Most people in the fleet (not that I am at all salty) end up wasting leave because they go over 60 days. That is just how it is these days.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
If they will let you go in the hole, might as well do it. Most people in the fleet (not that I am at all salty) end up wasting leave because they go over 60 days. That is just how it is these days.

They will... and you have plenty of time to rebuild your balance before you actually get any real excuse to use it. They'll charge you over Christmas, too.