• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leave while waiting for API, or at different points

Stayafloat

Professional API Student
What is the turn around between finishing OCS and being required to report to Pcola? How long of a time?

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
I have been in the flight school pipeline for more than 1 1/2 years. I finished TBS in May 08', did IFS in May-July at Manassas VA (near Quantico). Reported to P'cola in middle of July classed up for API in early Oct. about 3 months, then classed up for Primary in early Feb 09', 3 month wait. It took almost 8 months to finish primary the last three weeks were thanks the Marine Corps meeting their Pilot quote for the year so we had to wait until the new fiscal year (Oct 1) to select. I got Helo's and my wait is 2 months almost to the day, for some others it is upward of 3 months.

All along the way, I have been able to take leave and now even PTAD. After TBS we had like 80 Lt's who needed IFS, some got sent straight to P'cola while most went IFS near Quantico(some of us were able to take leave between TBS and IFS) because the schools could not accommodate 50 Marines at once so they spread us out over two class three weeks apart. After IFS, I checked in to MATSG-21 (P'cola). Once there you need to fulfill a check in sheet before you can go on leave basically get an up chit (a good flight physical) and some other things. Now I hear you also need to get your grey belt, but this it not a big deal as they do a 1 week class every week or so, I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, between primary and advanced wait. I took leave for a week while waiting for API then after API I took some leave over Christmas, as I said a had a 3 month wait and the Marine Mando PT is tough at the Wing (Whiting field) 2 to 3 hrs of crazy cross fit 2 days a week. Then primary, now I am between primary and helo adv I was able to take as much leave as I want and even was able to PTAD order to work near my family for a while.

Flight school it intense but the waits for the next phases are chill maybe a stash job or duty from time to time but overall it’s a nice time to relax prior to your next phase of training. I know the Marine Corps will get their time back from one way or another.